Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 05:52:09 pm »
You Gotta Be - Des'ree
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 05:42:52 pm »
Radio 3 is playing You'll Never Walk Alone right now! Perhaps not exactly as sung at Anfield.
I always thought that was a song about one of the Magnificent 7 actors, and his taste in fragrances, or lack of.
Health & Fitness / Cycling after achilles tendon rupture
« Last post by yoav on Today at 05:29:32 pm »
Does anyone have any advice or experience to share of returning to cycling after an achilles tendon rupture? Previously a fit, healthy and active 63 year old cyclist, I suffered an achilles tendon rupture in February of this year. I spent 8 weeks in a plastic cast which came off 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I had my first cycle ride. First impressions was that I could do it without falling over. But I have three limitations:
One is general loss of fitness after 8 weeks of limited mobility.
Two is muscle wasting of the calf which makes the cycling action feel awkward and lop sided. It feels like one leg is shorter than the other  (although it isn't)
Three is stiffness of the ankle joint makes clipping in and out of pedals difficult and painful.
So far, I've managed short town rides and a couple of 30km rides. After these two rides I was exhausted for the rest of the day.
I realise it is early days but I would interested if anyone has any experience of how long it ls likely to take to get back to 'normal'?
Thanks
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 05:28:16 pm »
Radio 3 is playing You'll Never Walk Alone right now! Perhaps not exactly as sung at Anfield.
On The Road / Re: 'War on Motorist'
« Last post by Wycombewheeler on Today at 05:22:17 pm »
replace all fines with time in the stocks, if their worry is the council using drivers as a cash cow.

1 hour per £50 that would be levied.

re-offending rates would plummet
An Aussie friend has been slowly making his way from Lisbon towards Germany for several weeks. I aim to join him for a few days from 03 June, probably using trains to Strasbourg and trains from Frankfurt. I may take my S&S bike but more likely a Birdy Blue. Either can fit into a Eurostar-compliant bag and changing at Lille seems the sensible option.

Philip isn't looking for huge distances (50 to 80ish km daily) or hunting cols. I enjoy checking out history, trains, bridges, what have you. I expect to be staying at cheap hotels or suchlike, rather than camping.

What are some things to look for/ visit along the way?
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Swift nest camera
« Last post by T42 on Today at 05:15:57 pm »
I can't make out the lice, but that might be a deficiency in my eyes and/or monitor

I couldn't see them until I bumped up the resolution from 480p to 720p.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:08:46 pm »
Wannabe - Spice Girls
The Knowledge / Re: Are these hydraulic calipers serviceable?
« Last post by Paul H on Today at 05:07:12 pm »
Those calipers are probably salvageable, but when replacements cost £12.50, including new pads, you have to weigh up if it's worth the effort.
https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/shimano-altus-br-mt200-front-or-rear-disc-brake-caliper-post-mount-black

I use Epic bleed kits, though having always done so I can't compare with anything else.
https://epicbleedsolutions.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10