Author Topic: Payment  (Read 1185 times)

Payment
« on: 31 May, 2023, 07:44:04 am »
Is anyone else having problems paying the balance by card through PayPal?
I have tried on two separate days on different devices with different cards, all goes well until you make the payment, it just hangs with the secure symbol with blue circle going round.

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
Re: Payment
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2023, 11:14:54 am »
Yes, I am at exactly that point right now in another PC browser tab.  You say you tried on two different devices - how did the sessions end?  Did you close the tab/browser or did you get a timeout on the Paypal page?
The present is a foreign country: they do things differently here.

Flâneur

• ♫ P*nctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...
« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2023, 11:47:11 am »
I had the same problem. Do you have a Paypal account? If so, log in and then pay. That worked for me.

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2023, 12:03:38 pm »
After over 40 minutes the rotating blue circle continued to rotate, so I closed the Paypal browser tab.  I then navigated to the ACP/PBP site and see "To be paid !" next to my entry number, followed by Modify, Documents, Pay, Cancel buttons.  Pressing the Modify button takes me to my registration details page which shows the details I entered before failing to pay.

I might make another attempt to pay later today.  I don't really want to have to create a Paypal account just for this; I've avoided that scourge so far.

« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2023, 02:50:53 pm »
I closed the browser after some considerable time and also found that the payment was still outstanding. Completely understand not wanting to have to have a paypal account, neither do I.
It occurred to me that the problem may be caused because PBP paypal account has too much money in it!!

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
« Reply #5 on: 03 June, 2023, 09:57:48 am »
Attempts to pay using my credit card as a PayPal guest continued to fail when I tried once each day between the initial attempt and now.  I confirmed that these had not registered as transactions in my credit card account.  Then I gave in and created a PayPal account*.  The PBP payment then completed without any problem.

*in fact I took over my wife's PayPal account by changing its name and the primary email account it's linked to.  I'm surprised one can do this  ::-)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #6 on: 08 June, 2023, 04:13:45 pm »
seems to be working fine now, I have finally pulled the trigger. went for the latest documents collection slot I could at 18:30, so If I have an overnight ferry on Friday night I should be able to get there in time, even if cycling.

camping was all sold out. went for medium and large jersey as per last time. One to wear and one to keep pristine, depending on fit.

Eddington  127miles, 170km