Author Topic: Rate what you ate  (Read 8953 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Rate what you ate
« Reply #25 on: 01 August, 2009, 11:18:24 pm »
Had dinner at Lea Valley Youth Hostel yesterday.

Two ham rolls: well, they were free :sick:
Island Bakery biscuits courtesy of Pilsbury: nom nom nom.

Go out and buy lots of them immediately.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #26 on: 02 August, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »
Brown rice salad for lunch with grilled red pepper, garlic & onion and diced halloumi cheese. Yum! 8/10.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #27 on: 03 August, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
Running the fridge down for holiday; couscous with roast veg (onion, red & green pepper, tomatoes, sweet potatoes) drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, washed down with a glass of Chateau Queyret-Pouillac Bordeaux Superieur (which was nice).
7/10.

Looking forward to Saturday evening (wife's birthday); traditional garlic prawns & garlic bread cooked on the Trangia with lashings of vino, sitting outside the tent in the Vendee. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Got to be a 10/10 for us.

« Reply #28 on: 03 August, 2009, 11:40:43 pm »
Risotto using home-made chicken stock, mushrooms, red peppers and a big lump of Aldi hot-smoked salmon.   nomnomnom

7.5/10 - I'm on a diet so the lashings of parmesan and butter to bind it all together properly was right out the window

Proper oatmeal porridge with a goodly squirt of honey

9/10 - far superior to possidge oats, even if it does take twice as long ...
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

« Reply #29 on: 04 August, 2009, 11:47:06 pm »
lunch:
tomato sauce [onions, celery, cherry toms, tom paste, olives, chilli powder...cooked and pureed] with spaghetti, topped with extra mature chedder.

pretty good, two plate fulls 7/10

evening meal: bit of an odd meal:
quinoa with sun-dried tomatos, green beans [from plot], spinach[from plot], reduced veggie bangers from Sainsburys [oven cooked with onions]
the whole lot chopped up, chucked in a bucket, bit of oil and chilli powder added, mixed with a big stick.... and eaten.

not bad, two big plate fulls 6/10
Garry Broad

« Reply #30 on: 05 August, 2009, 10:43:13 am »
Full English breakfast, eaten by the pool in sunny Corfu. Cholesterol overload  :thumbsup: 8/10

This evening, I will be mainly eating,  Lamb Kleftiko and Baklava, accompanied by several beers.  :thumbsup: 10/10
I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #31 on: 17 August, 2009, 01:35:59 pm »
Stovies. Hmmmmm.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #32 on: 25 August, 2009, 09:52:15 am »
the perfect fig, plucked from the tree outside my office just before the wasps got to it.

9.9/10 - docked 0.1 because it leaked figgy juice over my notebook.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #33 on: 25 August, 2009, 08:57:27 pm »
Longley Farm rhubarb yogurt. 9/10. It lost a point because rhubarb isn't my favourite flavour.

I love Longley Farm yogurts. They're the yogurt of my childhood and I can only get them here from the health food shops. Every so often I go in and buy their entire stock. I think I have one more rhubarb and a blackcurrant one.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #34 on: 25 August, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »
Longley Farm yogurts (and cottage cheese) were the staple of my student life. I loved them. We rarely have yogurt as partner no likey.

« Reply #35 on: 26 August, 2009, 03:53:55 am »
Stovies. Hmmmmm.

Mmmmmm. Not had stovies for ages. That's going on the menu in the next couple of days.

Tonight I had a tiny bit of pasta bolognese, salad with sun dried tomatoes and olives, and polenta chopped into cubes and fried in olive oil, garlic and basil. 5/10 for the bolognese (came from my mums work and the pasta was overcooked, one of my pet hates), 9/10 for the home cooked polenta and salad.

« Reply #36 on: 08 September, 2009, 05:48:41 pm »
I made myself a curry last night. It was ace. I made my own sauce based on stuff from my dad's allotment. It was a good 7/10.

Of course, when you cook for one, you always make too much - so I stuck the remaining spice fest in the fridge and consumed it for dinner today. Even better - 9.4/10
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #37 on: 08 September, 2009, 06:07:10 pm »
Homemade Caramel shortcake from the PostOffice and general store in Robin Hoods Bay on saturday  11 out of 10. Utterly superb, absolutely faultless , lost a point for the miserable git selling me it ;D

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #38 on: 05 March, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »
Hotel Chocolate chocolate - 70% chuao dark from Venezuela. 10/10. No, 11/10. Delicious dark nutty caramelly raisiny flavour. More please.

« Reply #39 on: 13 September, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »
I'm bringing this back!

Chips*, sausage in batter with curry sauce from a local chippy. I'm giving that a solid 9.5/10. Sorted.....

*Obviously drenched in salt and vinegar

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: 13 September, 2017, 06:32:22 pm »
Bobb, you utter git! I want a chippy now!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #41 on: 13 September, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
2 egg omelette, with smoked pancetta and mushrooms  9/10

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #42 on: 13 September, 2017, 10:20:32 pm »
Roast beef, with a gravy and Brains Bitter pie, horseradish mash and green beans. Preceded by a Welsh beetroot salad. All tucked into in a Principality Stadium Box.

Nice. 7.5/10
It is simpler than it looks.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #43 on: 14 September, 2017, 08:28:30 am »
Breakfast: 2 slices pumpernickel, 2 slices cooked ham, both of decent quality: 5/10 compared to my favourite breakfast which is simply an XS of buttered croissants** and a vast bowl of good café-au-lait to dip them in.

**yes, I know. Try it.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #44 on: 17 September, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »
So I'm all like "What can I do for dinner tonight?" I got some stuff in the fridge. I got some stuff in the larder. I could do some kind of Italian shit. But then you realise - you can't be arsed. But you can be arsed to walk to the kebab shop! You get there. You get your donner with extra chilli sauce. You walk home stuffing it in your face. It's greasy, it's shit, but my God it tastes good! You then get home, spend 10 minutes washing your hands, trying to get the grease off. And probably the next few hours trying to get rid of the taste of dead rat and onion. But by fuck it was worth it!

9.7/10  :)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #45 on: 18 September, 2017, 12:44:38 pm »
Chana dhal with spinach and tomato. 8/10. Loses a point for having too much spinach and not enough tomato in this helping.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #46 on: 19 September, 2017, 07:18:59 am »
At Jamie Olivers in Gatwick South Terminal

Chicken, broccoli and kale, ceasar salad.

Served on a tin tray with a piece of paper on it, in tin cups, and sauces/coleslaw in little paper tubs that disintegrated.  And as per most airport food, not cheap despite being made to look so.

3/10
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #47 on: 19 September, 2017, 09:22:36 am »
Those places are exercises in extreme disappointment. No matter how they dress it up, they know you can't exactly leave the building. Airport terminals are a bit like Hell, you can't exactly pop out.

« Reply #48 on: 30 October, 2017, 09:33:38 am »
A packet of saucy bbq Space Raiders. An ok 7/10...

« Reply #49 on: 30 October, 2017, 09:51:13 am »
I kind of hoped someone else would have thought of cooking dinner. I'd been busy all day, fixing doors, rebuilding a table, gardening, cleaning cooker etc etc. Nope.
So pizzas from the freezer it is.

Tescos GF pizza. I didn't expect it to be very large, since the box was a good 1.5" inches smaller than a normal pizza box. But when I slid out a pizza that was so bloody small my hand spanned it that is taking the piss.

1/10 for lying packaging. If it had been a toblerone it would have been a bar with one peak.
<i>Marmite slave</i>