Author Topic: Running dynamo wire under mudguards  (Read 4166 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Running dynamo wire under mudguards
« Reply #25 on: 08 May, 2020, 10:43:00 pm »
I've never really found a realistic satisfactory solution to the rear light problem.

I think it's called luggage racks.

I quite like my seat stay setup. With one light on each stay (for symmetry, one cable, one battery), it works well, good visibility, not in the way of anything. Also nice built in reflectors.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Ben T

« Reply #26 on: 08 May, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »
I've found gorilla weatherproof tape, guard cleaned thoroughly as possible and the tape warmed slightly before application, has worked fine even through winter.

« Reply #27 on: 08 May, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »
I taped mine along my rear rack, avoiding the places the panniers attach onto or rub on. Black wire, black tape and black rack. Gorilla tape is tough stuff.

GC

« Reply #28 on: 18 May, 2020, 07:47:50 pm »
I'm sorry but if its only going as far as the seatstay bridge then it's NOT going anywhere near the mudguard as the rear light wire comes out of the headlight.
So you would run it along the toptube to the seatstay bridge.
You would only need to fix it to the mudguard if the rear light was on the rear mudguard.

Or are you using an outdated/inefficient 'bottle' dynamo mounted on the rear wheel?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #29 on: 22 May, 2020, 08:27:33 am »
I'm sorry but if its only going as far as the seatstay bridge then it's NOT going anywhere near the mudguard as the rear light wire comes out of the headlight.
So you would run it along the toptube to the seatstay bridge.
You would only need to fix it to the mudguard if the rear light was on the rear mudguard.

Or are you using an outdated/inefficient 'bottle' dynamo mounted on the rear wheel?
No, I'm using an outdated Raleigh Twenty but thank you for your input.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.