Author Topic: Terry saddles - UK supplier?  (Read 3139 times)

Terry saddles - UK supplier?
« on: 03 May, 2014, 11:23:01 pm »
Are there any UK / EU suppliers of Terry saddles? I’m thinking of something like the Terry Butterfly, but other suggestions gratefully received. Is for recreational / fitness rather than endurance, prospective owner (female) wants moderate amount of padding, bike position is more upright than racy. Ideally a safe choice in the way that a Charge Spoon seems to be a good bet as a starting point for mens saddles. Some of the Terry models seem to fit the bill hence query.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: Terry saddles - UK supplier?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2014, 12:47:52 am »
Sorry I'm not aware of any Terry dealers in the UK. A quick web search shows that JE James sold them a few years back, so they may be able to order them in. Otherwise would it worth contacting Terry and asking them if they have a UK distributor?

The female version of the Spoon is the Charge Ladle if that's any use - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-womens-ladle-saddle/

[ETA] - According to their website Terry have two Dealers in the UK: -
United Kingdom
Eve Activewear
www.eveactivewear.co.uk/

Minx Girl
826 6090 23
www.minx-girl.com

Perhaps they could order them in?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:01:09 am »
Johns bikes in Bath used to, don't know if they do any more!

« Reply #3 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:48:23 am »
Selle Italia Lady Gel Flo avec cut-out. About the same shape and style as Terry saddles and far easier to get hold of.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:49:50 am »
I bought one from Fat Birds Don't Fly a couple of years back. Dunno if they still do them.

« Reply #5 on: 04 May, 2014, 11:33:30 am »
Thanks all!

Selle Italia Lady Gel Flo avec cut-out. About the same shape and style as Terry saddles and far easier to get hold of.

That looks ideal - thanks :)

« Reply #6 on: 04 May, 2014, 11:47:50 am »
This looks interesting, too. I've never heard of this brand before, but the saddle looks similar to a Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow and is considerably cheaper.

Edit: actually, looking at this video, it looks a bit wider than the Selle Italia.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 04 May, 2014, 12:15:50 pm »
HK likes her Terry Butterfly saddles quite a lot but purchased them long enough ago that there isn't much point in remembering where they came from. Buying from the USA is quite easy over the interweb though.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #8 on: 04 May, 2014, 01:49:44 pm »
There are two companies marketing saddles under a similar brand name. The original Terry saddles are made by the USA based company. But the Terry Comfort range and sold under that name I believe are made for a German company.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #9 on: 20 May, 2020, 06:46:43 am »
This situation seems to be ongoing.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/Saddles/Womens-Saddles lists Butterfly and Liberator variations but do not seem to have dealers within the EU or the UK. There is a Terry clothing retailer in Switzerland but not saddles.

German retailers of Terry saddles like
https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/search?q=&brand%5B%5D=Terry&category%5B%5D=279&sort=price_desc have a completely different range of saddles with quite different appearances to the USA models, despite some being listed as various types of Butterfly.

I have not found an explanation for this but I expect somebody has a competing Terry trademark outside of North America. The USA-ian Butterfly saddles are made in Italy (Selle Royal, I think) and I suspect Velo make most of the other saddles (Velo make something like 90% of the world’s brand-name saddles).

Unfortunately HK is looking for another USA Terry Butterfly or Liberator (anybody else reminded of Blake’s 7?) saddle. That might have to wait a while.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...