Author Topic: What it's all about  (Read 743 times)

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
What it's all about
« on: 17 March, 2009, 01:38:19 pm »
Before night shift tonight I decided to go for a spin, using as an excuse a visit to my LBS for a natter. Apart from a left-turning artic in the right hand lane at a roundabout, and an elderly Staffy-walking and foul-mouthed thug who decided to physically challenge my presence on a cycle path (but, that's Crawley...) it was a lovely run.
As I set off from my front door and under the motorway flyover, I spotted a bike at the side of the road. The rider was shuffling papers, so I stopped to see if I could help.
William, mid-twenties, is from Michigan and now lives in London. Having a day off, he printed out an internet route and set off for Brighton. Giant road bike with race saddle, football shorts, soft trainers with toe clips and straps, no maps......
"You know, my butt kinda hurts, but this is great!"

Warm feelings. Lads on bikes just going for a ride. There's hope for the world yet.

Re: What it's all about
« Reply #1 on: 17 March, 2009, 01:49:06 pm »
 :thumbsup:

JJ and I had the same conversation on sunday when we saw 4 or 5 girls in 'normal' clothes riding along together chatting and laughing (probably at us) on a country lane in the beautiful sunshine on Sunday.

;D