Author Topic: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....  (Read 278108 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....
« Reply #50 on: 13 April, 2008, 12:13:07 am »
phone box, doctor, si-fi, jokes it is all there :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #51 on: 13 April, 2008, 09:26:07 am »
"I'm Spartacus"

"So am I"

That cost me a mouthful of coffee!

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #52 on: 13 April, 2008, 11:37:59 am »
I thought it was excellent. Makes a nice change to have a really bolshie assistant.

There's lovely!
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #53 on: 13 April, 2008, 12:55:38 pm »
I thought it was excellent, and I agree with nicknack, a bolshy assistant is just what the, er, Doctor, ordered.  :)

« Reply #54 on: 13 April, 2008, 07:57:50 pm »
Apologies if you've already discussed this, I've not read the thread properly yet:

Has anyone else noticed this series' "word" yet.  Last night the Doctor said a very odd sentence (can't quite remember what the line was), but he over-emphasised the word "dust".  On the first episode, the "Nanny" was standing in front of a sign which said "Adipose Industries".  In a very prominent shot, it was just her with the large word "Dust" behind her (from inDUSTries).  Is this a Philip Pullman reference?  Remember "Bad Wolf" in series one?

RJMcB

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #55 on: 13 April, 2008, 11:03:32 pm »
"I'm Spartacus"

"So am I"

I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

What was last series' "word"?  Unless it was the Saxon/Master theme?  The word 'dust' could just be coincidence - it turns up everywhere.
Stevie Wonder: "I dust called, to say, I love you..."

Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Kathy

« Reply #56 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:14:33 pm »
Caecilius est pater! Metella est mater! Quintus est filius!  :D

I was jolly disappointed that Grumio and the slave girl didn't show up. I was sure they were always up to hanky-panky behind Poppaea's back.   ;D

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #57 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:17:40 pm »
Oh, they absolutely were.  I'm sure at one point we had "ancilla Grumio delectat..."

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:23:09 pm »
Grumio est in canus  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #59 on: 14 April, 2008, 07:02:50 pm »
"I'm Spartacus"

"So am I"

I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

What was last series' "word"?  Unless it was the Saxon/Master theme?  The word 'dust' could just be coincidence - it turns up everywhere.
Stevie Wonder: "I dust called, to say, I love you..."

The "Saxon" theme also occurred in Torchwood........ In the episode involving the oriental gentleman in the old dance hall there were "Vote Saxon" posters on the walls

border-rider

« Reply #60 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:18:46 pm »
Apologies if you've already discussed this, I've not read the thread properly yet:

Has anyone else noticed this series' "word" yet.

Just watching a repeat now

The Auger says "She is returning, Doctor"

I think this series' thing is the return of Rose (or what appears to be Rose ;))

border-rider

« Reply #61 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:31:33 pm »
And: anyone else get the Tom Tom Club reference ?

:)

« Reply #62 on: 19 April, 2008, 07:12:56 pm »
The latest episode made me cry! I don't care what anyone says, I think Donna's style is great. Go Ginger!  :thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #63 on: 20 April, 2008, 10:13:17 am »
The Oud were good. Not outstanding as an episode, but good. Nigel Planer is always value for money. Donna is improving a bit, but to be honest she's just a cypher and anyone could deliver the lines she has as an assistant. Actually even the Doctor is becoming a bit one-dimensional right now. We need a classic - will return of the Sontarans provide it?

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #64 on: 20 April, 2008, 08:08:58 pm »
Quote from: Flying Monkey
Nigel Planer is always value for money.
While that's true, it was Tim McInnery playing the villian.  ("Captain, Darling" from Blackadder 4)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #65 on: 20 April, 2008, 08:38:43 pm »
Oops, so he was. Why was I thinking of Nigel Planer?  ???

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #66 on: 20 April, 2008, 08:45:05 pm »
The nose?

Donna may be a cypher but Tate's delivery is very good. 

Sontarans!  Yay!  I feel neck jokes coming on: "There's nothing we Sontarans cannot achieve!"  "I can count two things, Commander: Take over the Earth on my watch... and wear a tie."
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

border-rider

« Reply #67 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:16:43 pm »
The bees disappearing thing came up again.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #68 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:26:32 pm »
And the Doctor's song may be ending soon.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #69 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:52:30 pm »
Late last night I caught up with this series using the Freeview HD recorder thingie.  I have to say that MS Tate is considerably better than I had expected and I'm looking forward to next week.  :)
What's this bottom line for anyway?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #70 on: 20 April, 2008, 10:19:07 pm »
But the Ood seemed to lump them both together as DoctorDonna so maybe it's Donna's song...
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #71 on: 21 April, 2008, 08:21:30 am »
But the Ood seemed to lump them both together as DoctorDonna so maybe it's Donna's song...

We can but hope...

Si

« Reply #72 on: 21 April, 2008, 11:21:02 am »
It wasn't a bad episode, and I likes the Ood, etc but....what did the Dr actually do to help them?  Apart from turn off the bomb - which Sigma Ood could have done just as easily?  As far as I could see the Dr and Donna just got chased around a bit, cracked a few funnies and did a bit more screwdrivering......nothing really to merit being remembered by the Ood for eternity.

And another thing (while I'm in SF geek mode), if the processed Ood had had a 1/3 of their brain chopped off how come they appeared to be acting exactly the same as the raw Ood at the end?  Surely they either need the brain on a string or they don't?   

Thirdly, would humans really make slaves out of the Ood?  Surely any average human, given a few 'raw' Ood, would just try to get them drunk and encourage them to play conkers with their brains on a string?

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #73 on: 21 April, 2008, 11:34:55 am »
And another thing (while I'm in SF geek mode), if the processed Ood had had a 1/3 of their brain chopped off how come they appeared to be acting exactly the same as the raw Ood at the end?  Surely they either need the brain on a string or they don't?   

This was puzzling me too - the plot had holes big enough to drive a large space freighter through...

border-rider

« Reply #74 on: 21 April, 2008, 11:38:48 am »
It wasn't a bad episode, and I likes the Ood, etc but....what did the Dr actually do to help them?  Apart from turn off the bomb - which Sigma Ood could have done just as easily?  As far as I could see the Dr and Donna just got chased around a bit, cracked a few funnies and did a bit more screwdrivering......nothing really to merit being remembered by the Ood for eternity.

The real hero was the poor bloke who got enbrained - 10 years infiltrating the company, managed to turn the Circle down to minimum so that Red Eye started, really began the whole thing.  Then gets killed and forgotten as DrDonna waltz in and steal the glory.