Author Topic: Bron/Broen/The Bridge BBC4 on Saturdays  (Read 6542 times)

Re: Bron/Broen/The Bridge BBC4 on Saturdays
« Reply #25 on: 22 May, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »
I guess it's to the writers' credit that we care at all. It was well crafted stuff well acted.

We must be due another Wallander series, mustn't we? Mind you, with summer approaching, I'd prefer Inspector Montalbano...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #26 on: 23 May, 2012, 12:18:31 pm »
I guess it's to the writers' credit that we care at all. It was well crafted stuff well acted.

We must be due another Wallander series, mustn't we? Mind you, with summer approaching, I'd prefer Inspector Montalbano...

Latest Montalbano  - The Potter's Field - was published in English last month.

I don't think there's going to be any more proper Krister Henriksson Wallanders and the Kenneth Branagh one is frankly terrible.  Didn't someone say that series 2 of "Borgen" is already arounud?  That's fill my Saturday nights quite nicely...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #27 on: 23 May, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
Yes, Borgen 2 and Forbrydelsen 3 are on their way. And there is going to be another series of Bron/Broen.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #28 on: 23 May, 2012, 01:20:24 pm »
Whatever Scan series is next, we should have a body-count sweepstake before it starts to see who can get closest to the eventual death toll...

I did see Charles' horse Camilla on The Killing's set, which put me off more than a bit, but I dare say I'll be back watching it...

I have never been able to face the Branagh Wallander series, him being a lovey and all that. Stick to Shakespeare & Harry Potter, matey.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #29 on: 24 May, 2012, 12:13:32 pm »
It seems we are to get something called "Sebastian Bergman", about a Swedish crime profiler.  With murders.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #30 on: 24 May, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »
Sounds worryingly Brideshead.  Apart from the murders  ;)

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #31 on: 25 May, 2012, 01:22:29 pm »
I just caught up with the end of Bron last night so have been avoiding this thread. I have really enjoyed the series and thought that the way that Saga’s character developed under Martin’s guidance from logic driven machine to human was very good. The actress that played Saga made the character very convincing, the way she spoke, the way she walked, her mannerisms and so on all seemed to fit the 100% oddball premise. To me she would be unconvincing as anyone else now.

I know that the relationships in these cop things are all the same – Holmes-Watson, Morse-Lewis etc. but this one was particularly interesting and worked very well. Much as I liked the killing I think that this was even better. The plot did, of course get more and more far-fetched towards the end but I don’t think that mattered too much, loose ends to tied up at a later date perhaps. One thing though, I don’t think that Saga will be quite as entertaining if she has become less weird in Bron2.     

« Reply #32 on: 25 May, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »
One thing though, I don’t think that Saga will be quite as entertaining if she has become less weird in Bron2.     

Since Saga's "understanding" boss is being tranferred to Gothenburg, she'll presumably be working under someone who's not familiar with her er, shall we call them "foibles" ?
That could introduce a lot of situations.

Jakob

« Reply #33 on: 14 June, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »
Just finished this and really enjoyed it. Ending was a tad anti-climatic and a bit contrived, but hey...it was still good.
It also managed to improve my swedish a bit and I almost didn't have to read the subtitles at the end!. (I've always been crap at understanding Swedish)

« Reply #34 on: 01 August, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »
I think it's good the way they have the main character (Saga) with aspergers/autism, in a lot of dramas the main character is almost like an 'ideal' or 'perfect' person who everyone wants to be like, makes it more interesting when the character isn't 'perfect'.