Author Topic: Northern Dales 200k Audax - Sunday 9th September - which cafes to use?  (Read 1137 times)

I've entered this for the first time and don't know the area that well. Can anyone suggest suitable cafes at the Controls in Leyburn and Kirby Stephen please. A heads up for a late breakfast stop in Hawes would be handy as well!
Thanks
Julia
Reine de la Fauche

Re: Northern Dales 200k Audax - Sunday 9th September - which cafes to use?
« Reply #1 on: 05 September, 2018, 08:46:54 pm »
Quite a few cyclists use the Posthorn in Leyburn which is just after the top of the high street on the right - easy to find on Google Maps.  I'm not a regular myself, so can't comment too much.  On a related issue, I was in K Stephen the other day and noticed that a couple of the cafes there seem to have shut up shop.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2018, 02:49:03 pm »
The Pink Geranium in Kirkby Stephen (next to the Black Bull).

In Hawes, the Penny Garth opposite the chippy is the best but can get busy with bikers.

Have a good ride :)

« Reply #4 on: 06 September, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »
Dean, there were no signs of life in The Pink Geranium on the Bank Holiday weekend (on the Saturday).  I can't believe a cafĂ© would close then, especially with the weather being so good.  Not sure what was going on.

« Reply #5 on: 09 September, 2018, 11:50:27 pm »
Thanks. As it was it was so windy I dared not use my time buffer to stop in the cafes. It was grab and go
 Thoroughly enjoyed it though; absolutely stunning scenery and teamed up with a chap from VC167 (Richard) on the return leg.
Reine de la Fauche