Author Topic: Advice: using a tandem as child delivery vehicle  (Read 13371 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Advice: using a tandem as child delivery vehicle
« Reply #25 on: 08 September, 2020, 07:46:19 pm »
The e-assist is fantastic, although the little duck is currently banning it's use because he is on his own bike and I am riding the Helios with his 23 year old cousin.

;D

« Reply #26 on: 09 September, 2020, 11:12:09 pm »
The electric helios looks like the best option ... but at ~4x the cost of a RadRunner I don't think I'll convince my wife - and she'll be riding it, so her say goes (that and we don't have 4k to spend).
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #27 on: 10 September, 2020, 10:14:17 pm »
The electric helios looks like the best option ... but at ~4x the cost of a RadRunner I don't think I'll convince my wife - and she'll be riding it, so her say goes (that and we don't have 4k to spend).

The no assist versions sometimes appear on facebook or ebay for under £1000 and you can add the assist yourself or get the Heinzmann (sp) add on from circe.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #28 on: 12 September, 2020, 11:29:13 am »
^ That's legit.  I think that we will probably get something like the radwagon as we need the bike sooner rather than later.  Then we'll sell on when we know better.

It's the usual "buying a bike for someone else" issue, I would do something completely different but the essential is that my wife's happy with it.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace