Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 144039 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #1600 on: 05 May, 2021, 09:11:52 pm »
I had a cup of tea about 11 and looking at the sun and not too strong a wind after a couple days blowing a gale declared "I'm gonna go run after this".

Quarter of an hour later I'm getting changed and it clouds over.  :facepalm:

Go out anyway, coooooold wind for the warmup walk and halfway through it it starts raining, well spitting really  ::-) ::-)

But I got moving and warmed up, did a fairly comfortable 6k. Alternate sunshine and overcast/spitting but it never really rained so it's all good. Saying that I mind rain much less when running than cycling.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #1601 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:55:40 am »
Mr M.E.T. Office is bringing me tidings of woe, well more of heavy and intermittent showers which are currently in play.   This is playing havoc with my intended running plans but there are more important things in life than fretting about missing a run.

There is always tomorrow ...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1602 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:14:43 am »
Couch gravity (CG) is strong this morning and I am having trouble achieving escape velocity. A recent visit to the bathroom, whose window had been left open, deeply chilled me and has sent me back to the clutches of CG. The mild hangover, mostly a dodgy tummy, is also contributing to my general malaise.

In other news, the beer was good last night.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #1603 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:26:59 am »
Couch gravity (CG) is strong this morning and I am having trouble achieving escape velocity. A recent visit to the bathroom, whose window had been left open, deeply chilled me and has sent me back to the clutches of CG. The mild hangover, mostly a dodgy tummy, is also contributing to my general malaise.

In other news, the beer was good last night.

Pleased that you enjoyed the beer.  I am magnetised to my sofa too at the moment.  Joint willpower may just see us through this.

8km low hr today if escape velocity can be achieved..  I am struggling with the motivation to get out early at the moment which is a real nuisance.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1604 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:33:45 am »
I went out today in the rain.

I was written off sick at work again yesterday due to another stress breakdown (very useless manager). Running cleared my head a bit as I want to write to the bossboss to tell him what went on.

I expect they will eventually dismiss me but I don’t mind too much as I‘ve reached my limit with this company really. If I live frugally I can get by on what I have.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1605 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:56:52 am »
Difficult times AH.  Hope things turn out well for you.

I'm now stuck between two gravitational poles:  the sofa and the Royal Mail delivery man.  My package is due sometime up until 13:45.  I'll try and get my run in mid-afternoon then.   :-\

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1606 on: 07 May, 2021, 12:56:01 pm »
To add to your motivation PB, I’ve been and come back again. Usual route, but hard work and a bit slower than of late, but to be expected given my general state this morning.

For the record, my change escape velocity was achieved with boosts from the postman bring me my new chest strap and some light bullying from the good doctor. I’m currently frustrated with the new strap because I can’t get it to share running dynamics. Probably user error, but it’s still annoying.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #1607 on: 07 May, 2021, 01:01:06 pm »
Hmmm.  The gauntlet well and truly thrown down.

My package delivery window ends in just over half an hour.  Why do they bother with a 4 hour window when inevitably the arrival will be within the last ten minutes or even late? 

What chest strap did you buy?  I went with Garmin and it has been very good to date.  I hope that hasn't cursed it.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1608 on: 07 May, 2021, 01:44:25 pm »
Hmmm.  The gauntlet well and truly thrown down.

My package delivery window ends in just over half an hour.  Why do they bother with a 4 hour window when inevitably the arrival will be within the last ten minutes or even late? 

What chest strap did you buy?  I went with Garmin and it has been very good to date.  I hope that hasn't cursed it.
I got a Garmin pro. It records pace cadence but nothing else at the moment. I’ll RTFM and see if I’m doing something stupid before I start shouting rude words  ;D

« Reply #1609 on: 07 May, 2021, 03:09:36 pm »
Have you checked your settings in teh ToJ?  Clutching at straws ...

My ToJ has misbehaved this afternoon.  I ran a regular route but with an approximately 1/2k extension.  Somehow it absorbed the extension and thus I ran 8.5k for a recorded 8k.

Still, I did the run which was the primary objective.  🙂

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1610 on: 07 May, 2021, 03:59:28 pm »
<fx:offers-fist-for-fistbump> Nice one PB.

I have checked the ToJ settings and even looked at the chest strap witheringly. But I had chores and have just sat down to do some reading. I don’t know what the world is coming to if I’m having to RTFM!

« Reply #1611 on: 07 May, 2021, 08:05:42 pm »
👊  😎

« Reply #1612 on: 08 May, 2021, 11:54:51 am »
Difficult week as we were up with in laws in Aberdeen then drove to home for one day and now we head off to Winchester for nieces confirmation.  However I managed to get in a nice gentle 3.7km run in the rain which felt wonderful.

« Reply #1613 on: 09 May, 2021, 05:16:08 pm »
Another 8k run this morning then a 10k walk.

« Reply #1614 on: 09 May, 2021, 06:00:01 pm »
My alarm is set for an early start tomorrow.  A test of my resolve ...

« Reply #1615 on: 09 May, 2021, 06:20:00 pm »
PB glad you posted. After 2 posts by me in succession I thought the cool kids had moved somewhere else. Story of my life.

« Reply #1616 on: 09 May, 2021, 06:46:05 pm »
I think that the cool kids have.  It's just you and me ...   😉

« Reply #1617 on: 09 May, 2021, 07:07:49 pm »
I didn't run today but we did do an 11.5 mile walk.

I think Tuesday is my next chance at a run.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #1618 on: 09 May, 2021, 07:09:12 pm »
I decided I was too knackered this morning for a run. Tomorrow, which should be a running day as well, I have a hairdressers appointment in the next village, so I will walk there and back. So it will be Wednesday before the next run.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1619 on: 09 May, 2021, 07:12:34 pm »
I’m lurking as well. Just a short walk with Sarah this morning and a run planned for tomorrow morning. I’ve to some work to do on Monday and Tuesday as well so I’m going to have to get on with it in the morning.

« Reply #1620 on: 10 May, 2021, 05:27:19 am »
I am up and kitted but the fondleslab is winning ...   🤔

« Reply #1621 on: 10 May, 2021, 07:33:28 am »
...  10k done.  That's better.  😊

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1622 on: 10 May, 2021, 01:25:41 pm »
...  10k done.  That's better.  😊
so one of us managed to beat the sloth this morning then. Well done PB. My sojourn across the fields is postponed until tomorrow.

I have errands and am just contemplating shanks’ pony rather than the automobile, though I would have to leave the bed linen to the laundry for another day.

« Reply #1623 on: 10 May, 2021, 01:59:02 pm »
Thanks Beardy.

I am in a sequence of exceeding 10,000 steps every day for 40 days now.  On run days it is easy but I have had to take myself for walks on days when I am not running.  I think that the deliberate extra walks are confusing the ToJ which in itself is very entertaining.  😇

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1624 on: 11 May, 2021, 09:27:08 am »
Well, I know it’s nothing by the standards many of you keep, but that WAS an early run for me. Note the past tense, I’m back after my run, a little 5k. I’m still MAFing. Though it does seem counter intuitive and very restrictive, I’m trying to keep my HR as close to 120 as possible. 120 does seem to be right in the cusp because it seems as soon as it dips below it drops right down to 110 almost straight away and as soon as I get it back to 120 it shoots up to 124. FCVO drops and shoots obv.  ;D I think I need to consider extending my route though, as 40min at circa 120 doesn’t seem to be stretching, so perhaps another couple of k. I shall look at the maps later today.

It was also the first warm run of the year, the the cool down walk being anything but with the sun and no wind.

Next up, cool down a bit the shower and a delivery from Mr Sainsbury’s house of toothy comestibles before I can get on with any serious chores. I know how to live I do.