Author Topic: Audax Ecosse jerseys - 2023 / 2024 order  (Read 2429 times)

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
Re: Audax Ecosse jerseys - 2023 / 2024 order
« Reply #25 on: 01 November, 2023, 10:57:33 am »
It’s been almost a week since I posted the original message on this.

So far there has been around 25 expressions of interest from a combination of here, Facebook and in person. 

On that basis I’ve decided not to proceed at the moment.

The Owayo jerseys are of a quality that I’d describe as “adequate”.

I believe that they are worth around £30 each and I would have pressed on if I thought we’d get 50+ orders to hit the threshold for £35 unit cost but there’s no way that £49 a pop can be justified.

The cachet of the jersey is mostly in the lovely design (which I take no credit for) rather than the quality of the garment which makes £49 all the more irksome. 

A quick google search suggests that folk can get their hands on a high quality jersey for not a great deal more than £49.  Castelli, Rapha or Gore are available for as little as £60.       

If I were to co-ordinate a new order in future Id definitely look around at other suppliers to try and get a better match of quality and price than Owayo are offering.  No issue with a special top dollar jersey but quality & price must align. 

Therefore if anybody here has recommendations on that front Id be interested in hearing more, just for future reference. 

Regards