Author Topic: Britain - Good and Bad  (Read 3160 times)

LEE

Britain - Good and Bad
« on: 28 May, 2013, 09:29:21 am »
A thread to show Britain in all its glory and otherwise.  (Try to keep the photos "thoughtful and arty" rather than poor quality phone snaps of rubbish bins knocked over).  It IS a Gallery thread after all. (Thoughtful photos of bins knocked over are more than welcome).

I'll start with one that seems to divide.  Rape Seed fields. In my opinion - Good.
I remember seeing one for the first time and wondering what the heck it was.  Now Hampshire seems 30% yellow in May.
I have no idea about the positives and negatives of the cultivating of the stuff but I think it's spectacularly beautiful when it's in full bloom on a sunny day.

Taken near the Clatfords in Hampshire

Cropped to give the (slightly false) impression that Hampshire has been totally taken over.

Buttercups and trees in a Riverside paddock.
Really, on the 2 or 3 days the sun actually comes out, and Spring finally starts to spring into Summer, it's a beautiful place to be cycling and walking (I was walking on this particular day, May 27)

Walk past a Hampshire country pub?  At lunchtime?  On a Bank Holiday?  I don't think so.
Does anything sum up Britain like a summer pint in a Beer Garden?
It took some will-power to stop drinking and take a photo.