Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 868818 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #4850 on: 23 March, 2016, 04:59:12 pm »
The Road Morph bottle cage mount fits behind the bottle cage, no sacrifice needed.

Do you have to buy that separately?

I bought mine second-hand and it came with both the bottle cage and cable-tie-to-a-random-tube (which now I think about it might also be able to mount to cage bosses, in a sacrificial kind of way) brackets.  Not sure what's standard-issue.

And I think barakta's lost the sellotape, so that's not an option.

« Reply #4851 on: 23 March, 2016, 06:09:26 pm »
Standard issue is the centrally-mounted one, judging by the last one I bought (the Blackburn Airstik mounts, which fit the Road Morph and mount to the side, seem increasingly elusive. :().

I've bought far too much stuff lately. Today's most exciting purchase (amongst the large pile of boxes Mr Postman had left) was a pair of Northwave Extreme Tech SBS shoes, bought via Wiggle's Ebay outlet place for a decent price, because I wanted some carbon-soled MTB shoes.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #4852 on: 24 March, 2016, 12:05:22 am »
I  must say, those MTB shoes I bought from you a wee while ago are rather spiffing with Frog cleats attached. 
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #4853 on: 27 March, 2016, 06:09:28 pm »

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4854 on: 27 March, 2016, 06:10:05 pm »
There appears to be a pedal on the end of your mudguard  ???

« Reply #4855 on: 27 March, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »
When they arrive I will find out just wtf it is. I think it's some kind of rubber attachment thing but that seems unnecessary so close to the bridge fixing?
We Shall See.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4856 on: 27 March, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »
Surely it fixes around the seat tube to a) keep the shit off the front mechanism and ii) stop the guard rattling against said seat tube?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4857 on: 28 March, 2016, 03:33:33 pm »
A Spa Cycles triple chainset in black with alloy trim, looks gorgeous, Spa Cycles are awesome very quick delivery and lucid advice when talking about what I needed.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #4858 on: 28 March, 2016, 03:57:52 pm »
I nearly bought a re-usable 11sp quicklink, but my phone has forgotten my wiggle login.
So near... so far....
Everyone's favourite windbreak

tiermat

« Reply #4859 on: 28 March, 2016, 06:07:49 pm »
Hotel bookings, bus ticket.

Osprey backpack.

Maybe, now, I should order something mundane but useful like an 11 speed quick link and some spare brake pads!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4860 on: 28 March, 2016, 08:51:02 pm »
I nearly bought a re-usable 11sp quicklink, but my phone has forgotten my wiggle login.
So near... so far....

I find the Wiggle app constantly requires me to log in, to the extent that I just don't bother with it and use the website instead. :-\

tiermat

« Reply #4861 on: 29 March, 2016, 10:17:27 am »
Maybe, now, I should order something mundane but useful like an 11 speed quick link and some spare brake pads!

4 quicklinks and 2 pairs of pads ordered (ordered the pads from bikediscount, even including delivery from the Fatherland they were about £3/pr than I could them here!)

« Reply #4862 on: 30 March, 2016, 10:26:33 am »
A 20t alfine sprocket and kmc chain to lower the gearing a smidge, and 2 Salsa anything hd cages for the off road genesis fortitude adventure.

Brake and gear inner and outer cables and brake blocks for the Dahon, as braking whilst on the commute has become 'interesting'.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Jon

« Reply #4863 on: 30 March, 2016, 11:13:47 am »
Some used rigid forks that almost certainly won't fit.

« Reply #4864 on: 30 March, 2016, 02:09:30 pm »
Yet more cycling shoes (pretty sure I have more cycling shoes than non-cycling shoes) - this time some eye-wateringly spendy Northwave Extreme Winter boots, though they were discounted by about £100 so it wasn't too bad. They'll replace my faithful Northwave Celsiuses, which have served me well for a few winters but are getting pretty worn now.

Also, some clip-on mudguards for the "summer" bike, because Scotland. ::-)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4865 on: 30 March, 2016, 02:12:13 pm »
Yet more cycling shoes (pretty sure I have more cycling shoes than non-cycling shoes)

I achieved this some time ago, which was vaguely discombobulating, as I've always been of the belief that "3 pairs of shoes ought to be enough for anyone".

Thinking about it some more, I now have more *bikes* than non-cycling shoes, which means I must be doing something right.

fuzzy

« Reply #4866 on: 01 April, 2016, 01:58:41 pm »
Not purchased but, recently I have been awarded a Bontrager Flare rear light, a Bontrager helmet, a Bontrager saddle and £40 of swag tokens all for being a swat and completing a lot of Trek education for shop staff modules.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4867 on: 02 April, 2016, 12:16:27 pm »
A pair of tyre levers to replace the ones I struggled with yesterday which seemed to be cheese related.  The new ones seem very robust.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #4868 on: 02 April, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »
3 x Cateye Enduro Computer @ GBP 9.95 = GBP 29.85

« Reply #4869 on: 02 April, 2016, 04:19:05 pm »
A pair of off road shoes from Merlin, half price and the sizing is spot on also the usual excellent speedy service that is normal with Merlin, all I have to do is trim the beard and hair and I shall look quite dapper (well, almost)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #4870 on: 04 April, 2016, 10:13:39 am »
An inner tube for the Long Unridden Mountain Bike to replace the two spares that have gone AWOL in the garage somewhere.
Why is it I go into Evans and feel completely uninspired by anything on display?
216km from Marsh Gibbon

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #4871 on: 04 April, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »
A pair of off road shoes from Merlin, half price and the sizing is spot on also the usual excellent speedy service that is normal with Merlin, all I have to do is trim the beard and hair and I shall look quite dapper (well, almost)

Your new shoes have a beard and hair?  :o

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #4872 on: 05 April, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »
Well, I didn't buy it today, but it got delivered today.

A rather nice On One Mary Bar for my decathlon mtbso/commuter/rigid off road pootler.  In white* to match the On One rigid fork I fitted last year!  The mary bars do look rather comfy, might need to change stem lenghth though. A couple of spare inner tubes in 26" flavour for the mtb as well as a set of half clips (strapless toeclips)

*also white was cheaper than getting them in black!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4873 on: 05 April, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Yesterday. Put down the deposit on the N+1, an M-5 M-Racer frameset,

one of these http://m5ligfietsen.nl/site/EN/Models/M-Racer

Now to sort out the spec for all the extra bits
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #4874 on: 05 April, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »
I wish you hadn't shown me that website, ElyDave!

http://m5ligfietsen.nl/site/EN/Models/26_26_and_26_20_low_bar  Perhaps one of these will be my 40th birthday treat to myself in a couple of years time!   ;D