Author Topic: Tour preview on BBC website  (Read 2852 times)

Tour preview on BBC website
« on: 02 July, 2008, 10:11:52 am »
On the BBC Cycling website there is a link to a 5 minute preview of this years Tour
- interviewing Stephen Roche, Sean Yates and Dave Brailsford.

gonzo

Re: Tour preview on BBC website
« Reply #1 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:10:15 am »

« Reply #2 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:19:56 am »
What dates are the ride?   

I'm not into racing, but I do enjoy watching the tour because of the scenery.

Will the summary be shown on ITV each night as in the past, or is it going to be ITV4 only?   (I can only get channels 1 to 5 because there is no digital reception, or cable, at home and I'm not paying out for sky because I've found there's nothing worth watching whenever I go to a sky equipped house to child sit)

gonzo

« Reply #3 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:23:09 am »
5th or the 6th till the 20-something-th

Try watching the Giro; it's far more entertaining. This year they put them on a mountain time trial up to a ski resort. The last section was 14% on gravel roads!

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #4 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:24:26 am »
5th or the 6th till the 20-something-th

Try watching the Giro; it's far more entertaining. This year they put them on a mountain time trial up to a ski resort. The last section was 14% on gravel roads!

5th to 27th.

Unfortunately the Giro isn't on any channel I can get at home.  :(

[EDIT: I was a week out...  I was looking at this last night for cc's preview of it as well! :-[ ]

« Reply #5 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:27:31 am »
It starts this Saturday the 5th - It is being shown on ITV4, I believe they show the weekend stages live and also have a nightly highlights programme at 7pm.

gonzo

« Reply #6 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:28:48 am »
Just checked and the tour's on from July 5 - 27 according to cycling news.

To get coverage of any cycling event, check out
Tour de France Live Video, Television, Watch Cycling TV - The Guide to Live Race Coverage
They link to any streaming cycling coverage that's on the web in a variety of different languages.

gonzo

« Reply #7 on: 02 July, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
I also note that you'll get the commantary for the final 90 minutes of each stage on the BBC website.

I wonder how good it'll be?

« Reply #8 on: 02 July, 2008, 07:26:59 pm »
Will the summary be shown on ITV each night as in the past, or is it going to be ITV4 only?   (I can only get channels 1 to 5 because there is no digital reception, or cable, at home and I'm not paying out for sky because I've found there's nothing worth watching whenever I go to a sky equipped house to child sit)

I get ITV4 and all the Freeview channels on my laptop USB TV tuner, or you could get a Freeview top-set box for your TV for about £25. No need for Sky.

« Reply #9 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:24:55 pm »

I get ITV4 and all the Freeview channels on my laptop USB TV tuner, or you could get a Freeview top-set box for your TV for about £25. No need for Sky.

In an area with no digital reception how does that work then?

To get coverage of any cycling event, check out
Tour de France Live Video, Television, Watch Cycling TV - The Guide to Live Race Coverage
They link to any streaming cycling coverage that's on the web in a variety of different languages.

But I'm at work, so can't have that streaming all day.  Plus I normally prefer to just watch the hour summary show (last year I was in France in a house with Sky Freeview, so could see ITV4).

vince

« Reply #10 on: 03 July, 2008, 01:15:14 pm »
I like to have the commentary running in the background all day - it's a bit like the cricket. The best I seemed to be able to do last year was eurosport who had a ticker running along with a depiction of how far any breakaway was from the peloton.

« Reply #11 on: 04 July, 2008, 08:07:33 pm »
I'm not into racing, but I do enjoy watching the tour because of the scenery.

That's pretty much how I feel--if it wasn't interesting to look at, I probably wouldn't bother, but all together it's pretty interesting.
scottclark.photoshelter.com