Author Topic: The kittens are coming!  (Read 5367 times)

Re: The kittens are coming!
« Reply #50 on: 30 March, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »
Ooh, he's rather lovely, isn't he? :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #51 on: 10 April, 2012, 04:18:14 am »
And so it begins. The kitties can now all walk, run, climb and jump. Infact their box which has 12" high walls is no longer able to keep them in.

Brutus currently walks in the dry food bowl, and chews on the kitty litter (wtf)?

They've all had their first bath now. No major issues :) Mum is getting annoyed with feeding them. I'm guessing because they have crazy teeth. They keep biting my toes and trust me it's painful.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #52 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:22:46 am »
Brutus currently walks in the dry food bowl, and chews on the kitty litter (wtf)?

When Kim and Barakta first had Zev, she was sleeping in the litter, and going to the loo on the bath mat.  Luckily she's over that now, but I suspect sometimes it takes a while to work things out. :)
Actually, it is rocket science.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #53 on: 10 April, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »
I think the sleeping in the litter thing was because it was quite a good insulator, and she was reluctant (and possibly too weak / poorly coordinated) to leave the bath for the first couple of days.  I'd put a bath mat in there so she'd have something warm to sit on, but she didn't really like the texture (it kept snagging in her claws) and she decided to pee on it instead.

It wasn't helped by her paw injury being irritated by the litter sticking to the raw skin, so we took the litter away and let her use bath mats as a loo for several days - and yes, she did poo on my towel when I had a shower and didn't think to hang it out of her reach.  Glad she got over that habit!

« Reply #54 on: 12 April, 2012, 06:53:51 pm »
Just caught up with this.  CUTE OVERLOAD!!!!
Spinning, but not cycling...

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #55 on: 15 April, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »
Has kittycam ended? I keep looking but just get the empty box. #MissingKittycam

« Reply #56 on: 15 April, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »
Yes, I haven't seen the kittehs in their box for a while.  I presume they spend most of the time wandering around and raising hell. ;D

Similarly I think you'd have to watch my Cat Flap Cam a lot to catch Kai or Zev shooting through at speed.  When she hadn't worked out how the cat flap worked, she did spend some time sitting by the cat flap watching it, and presumably waiting for someone to come through, or try to come through, in the case of the local troublesome interloper Tabby.  Since I also opened up the cat flap for kitten ingress / egress twice a day, there were also periods when you were more likely to see her as well.  These days, their passage through the cat flap seems to be a bit more rapid.

I may see if I can find somewhere else to point it, probably one of the cats favourite sleeping locations.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #57 on: 15 April, 2012, 05:27:57 pm »
I've looked several times a day at different times, but to no avail.  I wondered if they had found a new sleeping place.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #58 on: 15 June, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
The kittens are now all gone to their new homes. Frankie is back spending all in time indoors now.

And Lumen is already pregnant. WTF.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #59 on: 15 June, 2012, 09:25:48 pm »
And Lumen is already pregnant. WTF.

Did you let her out?  Cats can pregnant again, shortly after giving birth.  If she got out, at all, the she'll have stood a pretty good chance of getting pregnant.

If she hasn't been out, then it's time to make sure that Frankie definitely was done!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #60 on: 15 June, 2012, 09:28:11 pm »
She has been out a few times, she's learnt to climb through the blinds :(

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #61 on: 15 June, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »
Next time, I think you're going to have to see her vet about getting her spayed asap.  The trouble with cats is that they are an incredibly fecund species, and if they can get pregnant, they generally will.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #62 on: 16 June, 2012, 12:10:35 am »
Trouble is the vet told us we couldn't get hey speyed until she stopped breastfeeding. So as she as she did we took her round to the vets and she was up teh duff already.

Support Equilibrium

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #63 on: 16 June, 2012, 12:22:21 am »
So it becomes an exercise in not letting her outside.  Cunning use of mesh, wood and velcro can be effective at preventing window-based cat escapes.

Staying sane while attempting to do exam revision in a house with a horny Siamese left as an exercise for the reader...