Author Topic: What beer are you having for Christmas?  (Read 29711 times)

Re: What beer are you having for Christmas?
« Reply #100 on: 14 December, 2020, 06:24:06 pm »
I am collecting two 5 litre bag-in-boxes from our local brewery next Friday, which is really a little early for Christmas.
I will have a look at what our Tesco is offering as well. We usually do a tour of the local supermarkets to see what's available, but I'm not sure we'll bother this year.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #101 on: 16 December, 2020, 12:57:28 pm »
I have, in the beer cellar, I mean garage, 16 Bad Co beers (drink local, kids!) and 4 of their barrel aged
8 Loch Lomand Brewery (Zoom Time I think)
a couple of 72 Brewing beers (again not 100% certain of the beer)
16 cans of Goose Island (for the plebs)

In the house I have Delerium (Tremens and Rose?) A couple of Vocation, a couple of Tiny Rebel and a Brew York X Vocation.

Think I'll be ok until the shops re-open.  If not, I have a bottle of Benrennies 15 yr old to work through
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Ben T

« Reply #102 on: 16 December, 2020, 01:55:18 pm »
good reminder, will have to order some.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #103 on: 16 December, 2020, 02:33:09 pm »
I am collecting two 5 litre bag-in-boxes from our local brewery next Friday, which is really a little early for Christmas.

Timing is the issue. I'm hoping to get over to my local brewery for some Christmas supplies but I'll need to fit in a visit around work, and I'm working right up to Christmas Eve... Although I suppose that since I'm WFH, I could sneak out during the day.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #104 on: 16 December, 2020, 04:26:37 pm »

Timing is the issue. I'm hoping to get over to my local brewery for some Christmas supplies but I'll need to fit in a visit around work, and I'm working right up to Christmas Eve... Although I suppose that since I'm WFH, I could sneak out during the day.
Te brewery will deliver for free to our address, and we've used that option a couple of times. However, one Friday, back in the summer, they were very late, gone eight in the evening, and the chap looked absolutely shattered, so we've collected since then. It's only a quarter of an hour's drive and MrsC likes the trip out. The brewery is also very close to our tip/recycling centre so we often combine the two.

citoyen

What beer are you having for Christmas?
« Reply #105 on: 16 December, 2020, 04:46:20 pm »
Similar situation here - they will deliver but we’re on the fringes of the area they cover so I’d rather save them the trouble.

There’s a direct route from my house straight through the woods that’s easily the best way to get to the brewery, but a bit too rough to be transporting beer over. Road route is a lot more circuitous and longer.

« Reply #106 on: 16 December, 2020, 08:55:22 pm »
Mine has been delivered this evening. A box of 4 x dark bottles and 4 x light. Free delivery within 5 mls too. They are all RAIB, which I'm looking forward to.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #107 on: 16 December, 2020, 09:00:26 pm »
Our Windswept delivery arrived today including a case of Clavie - smoked malt noms  :P

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #108 on: 16 December, 2020, 09:02:41 pm »
Our Windswept delivery arrived today including a case of Clavie - smoked malt noms  :P

I was just about to say that. Plus 4 cases of white from the Wine Society (being as I couldn't get any more from Portugal Vinyards)  a box of mystery stuff addressed to Pingu which I was not permitted to inspect and a hamper (read a box of snacks and a bottle of red) from my employer.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #109 on: 17 December, 2020, 08:54:53 am »
I will have a look at what our Tesco is offering as well. We usually do a tour of the local supermarkets to see what's available, but I'm not sure we'll bother this year.

Popped into Tesco this morning, always check out if they have the Leffe Brun on special offer but they didn't, however I did notice 2x6 cans of a Pistonhead selection on offer for £9 so I had those.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #110 on: 17 December, 2020, 09:47:55 am »
Since there'll only be the four of us this year, and only me drinking beer, and not drinking a lot of it either these days, I'll probably just add a couple of more interesting bottles to an online delivery.

The last 4-pack of 6X I bought has lasted a month so far.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #111 on: 17 December, 2020, 10:40:38 am »
Having done a bit of a stock take, I find I have:

6 Peroni Gran Reserva
2 Hacker Pschorr Kellerbier
2 Hacker Pschorr Weissbier
2 Hacker Pschorr Munchner Gold
1 Brasserie Du Noir Biere Speciale 75ml
1 St Pierre Blonde 75ml
1 Orval
1 Westmalle Tripel
2 Westmalle Dubbel
4 La Trappe Blond
6 La Trappe Tripel
4 St Feuillien Blonde
4 Straffe Hendrik
1 Bush Peche Mel
2 La Chouffe Blonde
3 Brugse Zot
1 Brugse Bok
2 Kwak
2 Chimay White
1 Chimay Blue
2 Bourgogne Des Flandres Blonden Os
4 Bourgogne Des Flandres Bruinen Os
2 Mort Subite Friek Lambic
2 Lindemans Kriek
2 Floris Fraise
1 Floris Framboise
2 Floris Kriek
4 Ghost Dance
1 Vocation Life and Death
4 St Austell Proper Job
2 Morrisosns "The Best" IPA
2 Morrisons "The Best" American PA

Plus 10 bottles of assorted ciders
There's no vibrations, but wait.

citoyen

« Reply #112 on: 17 December, 2020, 11:09:40 am »

And a partridge in a pear tree?

There are a few in that list I'd be happy to help you with, if required.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #113 on: 17 December, 2020, 11:17:31 am »

And a partridge in a pear tree?

There are a few in that list I'd be happy to help you with, if required.
Assistance will not be required thank you. I have a son and a son-in-law who might pop in - Covid permitting of course. Don't know what's going on yet.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

citoyen

« Reply #114 on: 17 December, 2020, 12:58:24 pm »
Assistance will not be required thank you.

Worth a try!  ;D

bairn again

« Reply #115 on: 17 December, 2020, 06:21:33 pm »
Ive just ordered a couple of mixed cases from Stewart Brewing based just outside Edinburgh which includes Edinburgh Gold, Holyrood Pale and a nice dark 80 shilling so a nice mix of styles all at quaffable strengths.

Ive also got some Leffe Winter Beer on order and a case of Corncrake pale from Orkney (its nicer on draught mind). 

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #116 on: 18 December, 2020, 02:23:14 pm »
18pt minipin of Mighty Oak Gorgeous George.  Picking it up on Tuesday.

I think there's a beer52 case arriving imminently which should tide me over until then.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #117 on: 18 December, 2020, 02:36:52 pm »
I have about 30 mixed cans of Vocation Life and Death and Northern Monk Faith Hazy, a case of Corona, and a case of Singha.

Just seen a FB Vocation post with an offer of 12 330ml cans of the special stuff, so I did.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #118 on: 21 December, 2021, 12:21:59 pm »
I was worrying that I could not get my usual Belgium Christmas/Winter beers. Buying from Belgium is difficult and or expensive now.  Fortunately Beer Merchants had quite a good selection so I ordered 8 of each. I wish I could remember which ones I personally do not like. Not that it is difficult. I should remember to my taste Ranke is rank.

« Reply #119 on: 21 December, 2021, 01:50:51 pm »
I have just ordered a 5l box of Yeovil Summerset (but that's not particularly special, I had one last weekend as well).
This will go with the two cases of various Yeovil Ales which we got as part of their Black Friday offer a few weeks back and the Cornish stuff we brought back from holiday.
We are trying to keep to 'normal' drinking habits this week, though, despite my being off work already.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #120 on: 21 December, 2021, 05:33:05 pm »
I was worrying that I could not get my usual Belgium Christmas/Winter beers. Buying from Belgium is difficult and or expensive now.  Fortunately Beer Merchants had quite a good selection so I ordered 8 of each. I wish I could remember which ones I personally do not like. Not that it is difficult. I should remember to my taste Ranke is rank.

De Ranke make some very nommy beers  :P

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #121 on: 25 January, 2022, 07:09:38 pm »
Monday I ordered more Christmas beer. Most is sold out but the stuff that is not is discounted.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #122 on: 21 December, 2022, 10:14:29 am »
This year I have 70 bottles of Belgian Winter/Christmas beers.  I had more but the number is falling fast.

Delirium Christmas, Chouffe N'Ice, Leffe Christmas, Grimbergen Winter, St Bernadus Christmas Ale, Lervig Naughty And Nice, Gorden Christmas, De Ranke Pere Noel, Bon Secours de Noel,  Tongerlo Christmas

Should keep me happy for many weeks.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #123 on: 21 December, 2022, 10:26:00 am »
70  :o  :P

Lervig ain't Belge thobut.

« Reply #124 on: 21 December, 2022, 10:28:55 am »
It'll be Vocation again. Got a big box of 8-10% DIPAs that a friend gave me. He's going to have to help me get through them though.