Author Topic: Sold my Hilleberg  (Read 2617 times)

Sold my Hilleberg
« on: 09 December, 2015, 10:30:26 am »
Funny how sometimes the most casual of conversations leads to speeding up a decision. On Sunday riding with a friend we talked about cycling camping and I said I may look for a lighter tent such as the F10 Nitro Lite or the Exped Cetus 11ul. As Pauline no longer wants to cycle camp it would be nice to lose a couple of kilos in weight. Also told him I was not as happy with my latest Nammatj 2gt has I had been with my previous one. Don’t like the arched door arrangement. That was all that was said.

On Monday evening I received a telephone call from a friend of his asking if I was serious about selling the Nammatj. Yesterday he came round and we put up the tent in my garden, he was like a kid at Christmas. Told him what I would like for it and last night he brought me the cash and took the tent.

Now I start looking for a tent for next year.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

Re: Sold my Hilleberg
« Reply #1 on: 20 December, 2015, 09:03:07 pm »
So what are u using now .
you defo have the midas touch when it comes to selling stuff.

« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2015, 11:40:39 am »
At the present time I no longer have a lightweight cycle camping tent and as I have no plans for a camping ride until Spring I will use the time to look as some of the other options.

Should I need a tent in the meantime my grandson has offered me the loan of his Coleman Caucasus 3.
Home

« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2015, 08:53:28 am »
Selling hillebergs is a bit drastic! Let us know what you choose. We need to upsize rather than down and the choice is a bit bewildering! Have fun deciding, anyway.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »
Yes I am Hilleberg less at the moment. If anyone has used a Force Ten Nitro Lite 200+ or an Exped cetus ii ul tent I would be interested to here about your experiences and how the tent performs.
Home

« Reply #5 on: 27 December, 2015, 11:43:02 pm »
I've got a Terrace Nova Laser Competition 2 that I like. Roomy solo or room for two if snugg is OK. Weighs little and packs small.

Mike

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 28 December, 2015, 12:30:25 am »
I've got a Terrace Nova Laser Competition 2 that I like. Roomy solo or room for two if snugg is OK. Weighs little and packs small.

Mike

A Terrace Nova? I hope the walls between you and the neighbours aren't to thin. :P
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 28 December, 2015, 12:38:51 am »
We are selling our only-used-once Hilleberg Keron 3GT. Not having much luck so far though.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 28 December, 2015, 08:19:57 am »
How much are you asking, Peli?   We need something a bit bigger than our Nallo 2GT now Nye is growing.
Getting there...

« Reply #9 on: 28 December, 2015, 11:09:48 am »
As I have tried dozens of tents over the years I wasn't really looking for recommendations. Unless some manufacturer brings out something new in the next couple of weeks, which is doubtful as I have seen most of the 2016 models at the trade show, it will be either a Force Ten, Exped or Helsport.
Home

« Reply #10 on: 28 December, 2015, 05:46:51 pm »
How much are you asking, Peli?   We need something a bit bigger than our Nallo 2GT now Nye is growing.
The cheapest I can find it online is £845.75, and I see they have gone for about £625-£650 on eBay, in very-used condition.

We have only used ours for one night in clean conditions so it's as close to mint as you can get.  So we'd be hoping for around £700 for it but haven't tried it on eBay yet.