Author Topic: The joy of pet ownership  (Read 1887 times)

The joy of pet ownership
« on: 09 December, 2008, 01:25:38 pm »
I had a new experience this week.

I'm used to finding half-eaten slugs stuck to the shed floor (an interesting experience when bare foot).

I'm used to finding my pillow covered with turkey-flavoured biscuit crumbs.

I'm terribly blase about the pee on the toilet seat (Kitty has worked out what it's for, but is too little to lift the lid), the poo in the bottom of the wardrobe, and the TV cables helpfully being unplugged for me when I'm trying to watch Doctor Who. ::-)

But never before have I found a soggy used tea bag carefully stashed in my bed. ???
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: The joy of pet ownership
« Reply #1 on: 09 December, 2008, 01:52:28 pm »
I think we get off lightly then, with pipe cleaners in the biscuit bowl  ???

It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2 on: 09 December, 2008, 02:00:22 pm »
Bertie leaves chewed up toy mice in his biscuit bowl. He takes a chew of the mouse and then a mouthful of biscuit. You can see his thinking, there - clearly brainier than Alfie and Bea  ;)

« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2008, 06:57:22 pm »
Talisker never seems to bring half eaten rodents and birds back for me.

The one time he did do it, it had just started raining heavily and there was a "kerthud" from the cat flap, indicating his arrival, but no "Meow" announcement from him.  Looking in the direction of the cat flap, he appeared with a mouth full of rodent, saw us, and promptly legged it back out the cat flap.

I felt slighted, but also somewhat relieved!

The only thing I've had to worry about recently, has been the odd bit of cat vomit, and apparently occasional vomiting can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism, so maybe this will stop with the pills/surgery/whatever to cure it. :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

bobajobrob

« Reply #4 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:05:28 pm »
I've never had any problems with partially devoured creatures. The cat is a bit cross eyed and is not a good hunter. He doesn't even seem interested in hunting. Instead, he urinates on keyboards, shits in the bath, vomits on the carpet and leaves hairballs in my bed.

« Reply #5 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:08:23 pm »
I never get any cat poo in the flat, not even in the litter (Boushti does it outside)

I never get any birds or rodents. Or amphibians.

But when it's cold he doesn't want out all night. He kips on the bed until about 4 am then goes off to scratch at the door. Then he whines. This does not get me out of bed.

Then he jumps on the bed, walks up my body starts kneading my head. I push him off, he does it again etc.

I've never won yet. I get up, open the door, go down two flights of stairs, couple more doors. He takes his time to follow me too.

Time to move.

« Reply #6 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
You need a cat flap, and a compliant cat. :-\ ;D

« Reply #7 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »
I'd have to speak to the landlord..

"can I have a cat?"

-No

"OK"

"can I have a catflap?"

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:34:11 pm »
Joshy once nicked my credit card.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #9 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:38:23 pm »
I seem to have lost an awful lot of pens and pencils of late.  Tonight I found the kitten walking out of the kitchen with a pencil in her mouth and my pen gone...I still have to work out where she taken them  ???

« Reply #10 on: 09 December, 2008, 07:47:38 pm »
I'd have to speak to the landlord..

OK, and a compliant landlord. ;D

Hmm, I assume Boushti is a figment of your landlords imagination, should he ever see him-that-does-not-exist ? ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #11 on: 21 December, 2008, 08:45:11 pm »
Bea is obviously preparing for Christmas!

It is simpler than it looks.