Author Topic: Wiggins on Millar & Olympics  (Read 1156 times)

Wiggins on Millar & Olympics
« on: 05 January, 2012, 12:36:30 pm »
I'm glad Wiggins has spoken out about why Millar shouldnt be in the olympics. I dont think Cavendish put it very well when he was talking about why DM should be allowed in, it came over as old friends network letting a doper ride.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Wiggins on Millar & Olympics
« Reply #1 on: 05 January, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »
Except that he didn't - the BBC were very selective in how they quoted him..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #2 on: 05 January, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »
Except that he didn't - the BBC were very selective in how they quoted him..

I know that's what Wiggins has said/tweeted - is there a full transcript anywhere? And for the record I'd like to see Millar ride in the Olympics.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #4 on: 05 January, 2012, 08:06:10 pm »
If the BOA approach is so right they have not done a very good job of selling it to all the other national Olympic associations. Or else everyone else is mad keen on cheating so why is UK bothering to host the show in the first place? There should be one rule for all nations competing; if UK is so keen on this, they have to persuade everyone else that their stand is the right one (or accept the majority verdict, whatver it is).
Doping is a far more complicated issue than it seems. A winner of a  sportive in 2010 in my region was  caught in a very rare doping control. There is very little way to stop him competing in other events, he doesn't need a licence!

« Reply #5 on: 05 January, 2012, 09:23:11 pm »
I think Brad was daft not to see they were going take the answer to the "and morally..." question and turn it into a headline.

I think it's tough that David has to continue to bear the punishment for behaviour that appears to stem from an apparently poisonous team culture at Cofidis when he's subsequently done much to be proud of.

I think there is little to be gained from excluding him when other associations aren't following, but I do think the BOAs stance is laudable.

« Reply #6 on: 05 January, 2012, 09:29:07 pm »
Wiggins is getting his own back for the slagging Millar gave him in his autobio