Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 868992 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #725 on: 08 August, 2013, 09:24:47 am »
Given the epithets directed at him, should we refer to him as "Private" Godfrey?

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #726 on: 08 August, 2013, 09:52:45 am »
Those not subscribing to POBI will have missed the other epithet bestowed, though it's anatomically equivalent.

Can I repeat myself? Pretty please? Can I? Can I?
He promised to write to the ambassador of Bongo-Bongo land to apologise personally, if anybody was offended.

Quote from: me on Twitter
What a cunt @GoddersUKIP is. And if anyone's offended by that I promise to write to his cunt and apologise to it personally. #r4today

Yes, that's three repetitions for one joke. I've got to write a best man's speech, too. You can guess it's not going well.
Not especially helpful or mature

« Reply #727 on: 09 August, 2013, 12:24:22 am »
Those not subscribing to POBI will have missed the other epithet bestowed, though it's anatomically equivalent.

Can I repeat myself? Pretty please? Can I? Can I?
He promised to write to the ambassador of Bongo-Bongo land to apologise personally, if anybody was offended.

Quote from: me on Twitter
What a cunt @GoddersUKIP is. And if anyone's offended by that I promise to write to his cunt and apologise to it personally. #r4today

Yes, that's three repetitions for one joke. I've got to write a best man's speech, too. You can guess it's not going well.

Thanks for the clarification. i had misremembered that not everyone reads POBI. And you may repeat yourself as much as you like: I do. Go ahead, repeat yourself.

Good luck wiht the speech.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #728 on: 28 August, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »
Jamie Oliver - slavedriving super-twat.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #729 on: 28 August, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »
One of the above words is redundant ... or could be replaced with 'Mockney'

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #730 on: 28 August, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »
Godfrey Bloom.
Hie thee to the York Press website and check out some of his letters.

And the responses to same ;)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #731 on: 28 August, 2013, 07:11:41 pm »
William 'Bomber' Hague
Getting there...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #732 on: 28 August, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »
William 'Bomber' Hague
Ah, Wee Willie Winkie.

Someone wants to put the odious little scrote on a C130 and boot him out over Damascus ... although part of me thinks that not even a psychotic fuckwit like Bashar al-Assad deserves that

« Reply #733 on: 28 August, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »
This thread is largely beyond me.

I have ignored the meeja for so long that I no longer know who anyone is.

OK, I know Humphrys and recognise a few of the other names, but the vast majority have passed me by completely.

Am I on my way to nirvana?

I am much the same, I recognise a few names but largely I don't know who anyone is these days, not even Hollywood types.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #734 on: 28 August, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »
Oh good, not just me then.
I used to sometimes Google the names, but when I read the result I found that I just didn't care anyway.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #735 on: 02 September, 2013, 02:28:38 pm »

Jamie Oliver.
For deciding to support UKIP. For producing 'Save with Jamie', a cookery book for saving money.

Jamie, you little twerp, people who are really short of money don't have fillet steak and teriyaki sauce.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #736 on: 02 September, 2013, 03:11:38 pm »
And for talking crap on Womans Hour this morning.
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #737 on: 02 September, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »
And for talking crap on Womans Hour this morning.

So I wasn't the only one thinking he was talking petit baulleux
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #738 on: 02 September, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »
His rant about the outrageous allegations of misogyny against 'the ladies' was priceless.
Getting there...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #739 on: 02 September, 2013, 03:58:33 pm »
The Alliance of British Drivers (@ABD) - collective group of twats.

« Reply #740 on: 03 September, 2013, 12:25:38 am »

Jamie Oliver.
For deciding to support UKIP. For producing 'Save with Jamie', a cookery book for saving money.

Jamie, you little twerp, people who are really short of money don't have fillet steak and teriyaki sauce.
A £26 cookery book for saving money . . . using £360 of equipment, & £150 of food 'staples' . . .
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #741 on: 03 September, 2013, 12:38:03 am »
Jamie Oliver's shows are free to watch and he's doing meals for less than £1.80 per head.

I wonder if he'd get so much stick if he looked and sounded different?
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #742 on: 03 September, 2013, 07:51:02 am »
We always have beanzontoast Monday round here.  Because Monday is a rush, and it's quick.  It is probably the EldestCub's least favourite of the meals we commonly eat.  The argument that wins him over every time is that it feeds _all_ of us for £1.80....

My mate who is also a single parent of 2 had a grocery budget of about 40 quid a week for a while.  £1.80 a head for evening meals would have left her less than a fiver for all other meals, cleaning stuff, bog roll etc....

ian

« Reply #743 on: 03 September, 2013, 08:39:56 am »
Jamie Oliver's shows are free to watch and he's doing meals for less than £1.80 per head.

I wonder if he'd get so much stick if he looked and sounded different?

Seriously, people don't get that Jamie Oliver isn't producing a book for actual poor people, but rather the middle-class-but-go-Lidl-and-tell-people-about-it demographic? If you're living off ready meals and fried ratchicken, I expect you're not in often found browsing the book aisle in Waitrose for Jamie's latest.

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #744 on: 03 September, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »
No, but you're watching his cooking programmes on the telly while you eat, which is why he's now so fabulously wealthy and with a pulpit to sound off from.

It's probably one of those absurdly big-screen TVs, too. If you want a new 40" TV this week it's £249 from Tesco (or anywhere online). Second-hand the going rate for 40"-42" is £150. Counting the licence if the box only lasts a year that's entertainment for the whole family for a pound a day, which wouldn't upgrade you very far from value chicken. And then you can spend the evenings staring at a blank wall.
Not especially helpful or mature

« Reply #745 on: 03 September, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »
His chain of restaurants is mind-bogglingly-large. His company (mostly) owns the entire supply chain, from farms upwards.
The York restaurant cost 600k for the kitchens alone. That cost is recouped in about 12 weeks. Staff are paid a bit above minimum wage and mostly on zero-hours contracts.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #746 on: 03 September, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »
I once spent a New Year's eve in a very right-on lesbian household (don't ask) eating veggie stuff from one of Mr Oliver's books.

It was shite.  I've never liked him since.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #747 on: 03 September, 2013, 02:07:47 pm »
His (and Jules') children's names might not pass the playground test.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #748 on: 03 September, 2013, 02:40:49 pm »
Seriously, people don't get that Jamie Oliver isn't producing a book for actual poor people, but rather the middle-class-but-go-Lidl-and-tell-people-about-it demographic? If you're living off ready meals and fried ratchicken, I expect you're not in often found browsing the book aisle in Waitrose for Jamie's latest.

Yes. I'm a skint, benefits-dependant but middle-class Aldi fan, and of course I get that I'm his target market.

I'd just rather that he didn't line up The Poor as entertainment and pronounce judgementally, Daily-Wail-stylee, about flatscreen tellies in order to promote his stuff to me. 

Smug Victorian-paternalistic patronising nonsense.  Which is what makes him a super-[insert-gender-neutral-insult-of-choice-here*].

*ever since someone otp pointed out on a thread that using twat and cunt as insults is effectively comparing the insultee to a warm and welcoming part of the female anatomy, or words to that effect, I just can't see them in the same light.  They just don't _work_ as an insult for me these days :D

« Reply #749 on: 03 September, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »
These days I'm working on introducing 'frack' as a replacement

'frack off'
'fracking awful'
'you really are a dreadful frack'
'Jamie Oliver; what a fracking frack'

Such a versatile word.
<i>Marmite slave</i>