Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2418769 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22500 on: 22 January, 2019, 08:05:58 am »
Trying to decide if I shall fast today as part of a 5/2 attempt to reduce my bulk or if to just have breakfast. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #22501 on: 25 January, 2019, 11:43:47 am »
Sitting on hold to BT. Broadband contract renewal time.

Just wondering how many times I will get shifted to someone else once I get to speak to a real person.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #22502 on: 25 January, 2019, 01:24:14 pm »

Just wondering how many times I will get shifted to someone else once I get to speak to a real person.

Do you ring up to get a better deal? I'd normally just do the renewal on-line but I'm wondering if I should see if there's some dosh to be saved by speaking to a person.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22503 on: 25 January, 2019, 04:35:47 pm »
nursing my numb mouth and thinking whether to continue the anasthaesia with red or white this evening
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #22504 on: 25 January, 2019, 09:23:32 pm »

Do you ring up to get a better deal? I'd normally just do the renewal on-line but I'm wondering if I should see if there's some dosh to be saved by speaking to a person.
Yes. They have a 'Loyalty Team'.
I pointed out that other suppliers were offering a better deal/performance and negotiated £8 off the monthly cost.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22505 on: 25 January, 2019, 09:28:27 pm »
Giggling.  Wowbagger just made a cultural reference.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22506 on: 25 January, 2019, 10:12:35 pm »
Trying to teach Welsh people to say Slàinte.

Too many whiskys helps.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22507 on: 26 January, 2019, 05:48:06 pm »
Having dyed my hair blue/green, I am watching QI whilst trying to decide what to have for dinner.

« Reply #22508 on: 26 January, 2019, 10:18:56 pm »
We’ killed 3 bottles of red & the first bottle of Highland Park. There is a second bottle...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #22509 on: 26 January, 2019, 11:21:32 pm »
2nd bottle gone.  I’d not like the audience to think we have an over fondness for the water of life. Both bottles were enthusiastically sampled last night .Dragon Legend vs Viking Honour.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22510 on: 26 January, 2019, 11:49:09 pm »
Mixing the grape & the grain?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22511 on: 27 January, 2019, 09:13:49 am »
I'm still recovering from club AGM & dinner last night. Copious creole food - wonderful.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #22512 on: 29 January, 2019, 01:02:48 pm »
I'm at Cisco Live in Barcelona along with 16,000 other computer network nerds.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #22513 on: 29 January, 2019, 02:21:28 pm »
Applying for a job with Larry and Sergey's team
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ian

« Reply #22514 on: 29 January, 2019, 03:26:11 pm »

Be still my giddy heart!

« Reply #22515 on: 30 January, 2019, 08:11:55 am »

Be still my giddy heart!

The "Building datacentre VXLAN control planes with BGP and EVPN" presentation yesterday was riviting. Today is all about intent based networking which I am sure will be a barrel of laughs :)
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22516 on: 02 February, 2019, 12:55:10 am »
Not going to bed when I know that I should, not least because I’m tired.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22517 on: 02 February, 2019, 08:44:54 am »
Waiting for the temperature to rise by 0.00366% so that I can go for a ride without infringing the coronary commandments. I wonder if the anomalous expansion of water plays a part?

« Reply #22518 on: 03 February, 2019, 08:43:07 am »
Cold induced coronary artery vasospasm is very real.  A deep breath in the severe cold whilst exercising gets freezing air down the trachea and into the bronchi producing reflex coronary artery vasospasm.

I thought this was medical hype until about 6 years ago (age 54) when i went up a hill in sub zero temperatures before warming up.   i suddenly realised what crushing central chest pain was!

Stoped the bike and put a scarf over my mouth to prewar the breath and it settled in a moment o but I was properly scared and never doubted it again

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #22519 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:06:00 am »
Looking across the bath to the fields and oak tree.
It is simpler than it looks.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #22520 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:13:54 am »
Cold induced coronary artery vasospasm is very real.  A deep breath in the severe cold whilst exercising gets freezing air down the trachea and into the bronchi producing reflex coronary artery vasospasm.

I thought this was medical hype until about 6 years ago (age 54) when i went up a hill in sub zero temperatures before warming up.   i suddenly realised what crushing central chest pain was!

Stoped the bike and put a scarf over my mouth to prewar the breath and it settled in a moment o but I was properly scared and never doubted it again

Crikey! This is the thing I have been suffering from. I never had it until I started using a CPAP machine in July, and the air didn't have to be particularly cold. I have had all sorts of cardio investigations, the results of which I know I have some narrowing of one of my coronary arteries. I'm now on statins and aspirin, and have also lost over 2 stone in weight. I haven't had an attack for quite a while, but I had several between July and a month or two ago. I suspect that the weight loss has had a significant effect because I'm only in my second week on the extra medication but the attacks reduced in intensity pretty much as soon as I started to lose weight (early October). Thanks for putting a name to my condition!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22521 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:24:58 am »

Oh yes. I usually do a loop or two round the village and the couple of k false flat to the next village before tackling the first hill, and I usually follow the cardiologists "not below 5°C" stricture, although sometimes I do a bit of rounding. But definitely none of the sub-zero stuff I did 15 years ago - apart from coronary considerations, I've had too many offs on ice to welcome another.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22522 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:28:06 am »
I have had all sorts of cardio investigations, the results of which I know I have some narrowing of one of my coronary arteries.

"Some narrowing" - if only.  I function these days with blood supply to the heart reduced by 50%.

« Reply #22523 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:37:28 am »
Waiting for the temperature to rise before venturing out for a group ride. Falling off stings a bit.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #22524 on: 03 February, 2019, 10:04:51 am »
Warming up. I have spent less than fifteen minutes in the garage and garden and that was enough.
Oh well, little and often...
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."