Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2414809 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22475 on: 02 January, 2019, 11:41:14 am »
I’ve nearly worked up enough energy to start work on the garage tidy.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #22476 on: 02 January, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »
Looking at new sofas.....HOW MUCH???
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Blazer

• One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind
« Reply #22477 on: 02 January, 2019, 12:57:58 pm »
Sorting out layers of clothing in preparation for my trip out tonight.

It will be the direct route to the pub for me and Hummers to meet up with whoever else will be out on the Portsmouth Wednesday Night pub ride.

It's been a while...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #22478 on: 03 January, 2019, 02:35:19 pm »
Sitting on the sofa. Ostensily 'looking after' the youngest as Mrs. Torslanda has gone to her friend's funeral.

Youngest is very happily entertaining himself with Minecraft, Lego etc. whilst I seem to have become a warm for two cats. Oh, well. Back to work tomorrow.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22479 on: 03 January, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
We're staying at the Christchurch West Premier Inn, aka the Bailey Bridge.

Christmas paraphernalia was all removed this morning.

Which is a bit early. They usually wait till Twelfth Night.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #22480 on: 03 January, 2019, 02:58:11 pm »
Funny you should say that, it was all gone from Premier Inn, Sittingbourne on Tuesday morning.
VELOMANCER

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22481 on: 06 January, 2019, 03:02:32 pm »
Sitting in my office (at home) although I have no intention of working. I'm here because it has the nicest view and the best light (sadly it's the smallest room in the house). I can see the lake and the wild fowl and I can see people walking past, some with kids and feeding the ducks, others are walking their dogs.  I've just eaten a bowl of home made tomato soup, I have my sad light on, I'm burning a lovely Yank-smell-ee candle and strains of Beethoven are playing away in the back ground.  I was reading a book on critical theory can't be asrsed to be truthful.  I'm feeling ill, so might just spend a couple of hours just being here and in the moment.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22482 on: 06 January, 2019, 03:48:07 pm »
Hope you feel better soon, lou!

I am sitting in my kitchen as always.

The washing machine whirrs as it tackles the laundry from our short coastal break. The microwave has converted the astringent unpalatable plums into bowel balm.

Big Tom has been stalking the pigeons; he can move with some alacrity from his observation post behind the cat flap when the need/desire arises!

Sainsbury's delivery is due soon; they have substituted 3 four pint bottles of milk for the unavailable 2 pint bottles.

One of my wall clocks has developed The Slows despite a recent battery change. I saw it stall at one sticking point but it no longer sticks there. Am undecided as to whether to replace it or try to fix this £1 investment from Woolworth's in 2000...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22483 on: 06 January, 2019, 08:43:03 pm »
Taking a break from trying to persuade Currys webshite to sell me a vacuum cleaner.  It has got it into its stupid head-branez that the nearest store I can collect it from is in Coleraine, and no amount of entering my postcode will convince it that there are shops closer to Larrington Towers than Norn Iron.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22484 on: 06 January, 2019, 10:05:15 pm »
Haz you tried a different browser? Or clearing cookies / incognito mode?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #22485 on: 07 January, 2019, 08:40:42 am »
Taking a break from trying to persuade Currys webshite to sell me a vacuum cleaner.  It has got it into its stupid head-branez that the nearest store I can collect it from is in Coleraine, and no amount of entering my postcode will convince it that there are shops closer to Larrington Towers than Norn Iron.

Sometimes it is necessary to step outside into the daylight (hollow fucking laughter) and go into a store and interact with people. If only to prove to yourself that they're actually still utter dickheads not worthy of your attention.

Alternatively, can't your gamekeeper do it...?
VELOMANCER

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22486 on: 07 January, 2019, 09:58:35 pm »
I did persuade it eventually, by using a Proper Computer, though for no readily apparent reason it couldn't be collected from the Chingford branch.  Anyway, I now haz a Henry and the wanky Dyson is returning to The Pit whence it came.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22487 on: 10 January, 2019, 11:27:30 am »
being mesmerised by the activity of my new 3D printer. it says's it's going to take nearly three hours. I think I should have tried something smaller for my first print :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #22488 on: 10 January, 2019, 02:44:28 pm »
I did persuade it eventually, by using a Proper Computer, though for no readily apparent reason it couldn't be collected from the Chingford branch.  Anyway, I now haz a Henry and the wanky Dyson is returning to The Pit whence it came.

Is a wanky Dyson the sort of thing that gets pulled from CES
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22489 on: 13 January, 2019, 09:11:25 am »
Just spent ten minutes wrestling with the Battery Clip From Hell.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #22490 on: 13 January, 2019, 10:21:42 am »
Just preparing to boil up this year's final (of 4) 1.5kg batch of marmalade.  This is the 'special' batch, family and good friends only.

Coarse cut, 25% Demerara sugar (to make it dark), and the 'special' ingredient.

This year it's Famous Grouse.

It'll make about 14 half-pound jars, idea for pressies.

Ed:  I may have overdone the Grouse bit, given the aroma in the kitchen, and it's making the dog sneeze.  Is it even possible to have too much Grouse?

lou boutin

« Reply #22491 on: 13 January, 2019, 12:04:49 pm »
I am trying a few quiche recipe.  I will let you know what it is like.  The difference is base rather than inner ingredients. 

« Reply #22492 on: 13 January, 2019, 05:45:36 pm »
Sitting in a hot bath after a ten and a half mile walk over the Downs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #22493 on: 19 January, 2019, 07:26:27 pm »
Finished two different lots of sauerkraut and just cooking the beetroot soup.  With the curried apple and celery soup made yesterday I should have about 50 helpings in the freezer to keep us going for the next month or two for lunch

ian

« Reply #22494 on: 19 January, 2019, 08:29:54 pm »
Reading this, cooking a sausage and bean casserole, drinking a Gipsy Hill Swamper, and being the DJ for some very loud music. Cats have sensibly located themselves upstairs and left me to it (wife has taken additional precautions and decamped to San Francisco). Also being a bit tired because I walked 10 miles and did fifty Olympic pool lengths (I meant to do thirty, but I was in the zone). I put the hammer down for the last 10 lengths. OK, admittedly my front crawl combines all the speed of doggy paddle with the elegance of drowning. I'm surprised no one dived in to rescue me. Probably should have, the pool was bloody freezing.

lou boutin

« Reply #22495 on: 21 January, 2019, 05:32:58 am »
I'm sitting in bed, drinking coffee and trying to get warm again after getting up to see the Blue Blood Wolf Super Moon ( I think it is a blue moon - I might be wrong)

lou boutin

« Reply #22496 on: 21 January, 2019, 05:39:21 am »
Actually that makes no sense what so ever - it's the 21st day of the year and moon cycles are 28 days, so there is no way that it's a blue moon.  Goodness knows where I dreamed that one up from. 

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22497 on: 21 January, 2019, 07:58:22 am »
It is blue Monday though. Apparently it’s the saddest day of the year.

« Reply #22498 on: 21 January, 2019, 08:12:33 am »
Well, Blue Monday is a made-up thing for travel agents &c. to sell you more stuff, so things can in fact get worse. OTOH, if it is true, I suppose it's all downhill from here...

lou boutin

« Reply #22499 on: 21 January, 2019, 07:02:40 pm »
Well it was blue something today. The air was blue in my office when I managed to send a mundane email meant for a colleague, to virtually everyone.