Author Topic: Netto bike kit from today  (Read 2013 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Netto bike kit from today
« on: 10 April, 2008, 10:09:57 am »
http://www.netto.co.uk

Not as much stuff as the other two places, but the panniers might be useful
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Re: Netto bike kit from today
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2008, 07:57:47 pm »
http://www.netto.co.uk

Not as much stuff as the other two places, but the panniers might be useful

The £7.99 panniers look exactly the same as the Lidl ones I paid £14.99 for two days ago! I've been had :o

tiermat

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:00:58 am »
Well I went and had a look, the panniers were made from the finest brie, so I skipped them.  The toolkit/seatbag at £2.99 and the glasses at £4.99 seemed a steal though, as did the child seat at £14.99.

After looking the kit over at home I have discovered:

the seat pack/toolkit, as well as containing a puncture repair kit, contains a reverseable screwdriver, 3 allan keys, some tyre levers AND a tyre repair patch!!!

the glasses seem fine as a spare pair, despite what was shown in the mag, they come with clear, yellow and smoked lenses.

The best bargain has to be the child seat though.  It is a Avenir/Snug one, originally imported by Raliegh and sold through Argos for £34.99!!!  I had loads of fun yesterday riding up and down our road with the little dragon sat in the seat on the back....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:22:51 am »
is it a rack mounted child seat?
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

tiermat

« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:37:39 am »
Nope, it attaches via a bracket on the seat tube, so can be removed at whim (it will fit on a bike with a rack though, I have a Topeak MTX rack on my bike and the seat fits straight over it, so no need to remove the rack to fit the seat!)

« Reply #5 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:48:22 pm »
cheers, wasn't sure as it's not clear pm the site.
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir