Author Topic: How to ride a boxing day TT  (Read 1713 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
How to ride a boxing day TT
« on: 26 December, 2008, 03:09:39 pm »
Taking it seriously is not appreciated..
Best decorated bike this year:  (still clocked 34.20 over the 13 mile '10').

And the right sort of pointy hat for the occasion:

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: How to ride a boxing day TT
« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
Good show!

Last year I put some tinsel on, and a few others did. This year I "forgot", and it seems like everyone else did ... except the guy in a bunny-suit.  :thumbsup: I'll post a piccie if it's released.

To avoid getting sucked into the competitive spiral, I rode my hybrid with pannier full of warm clothes. Was quite pleased with 32:30ish on a windy day!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2 on: 26 December, 2008, 05:38:22 pm »
Good show!

Last year I put some tinsel on, and a few others did. This year I "forgot", and it seems like everyone else did ... except the guy in a bunny-suit.  :thumbsup: I'll post a piccie if it's released.

To avoid getting sucked into the competitive spiral, I rode my hybrid with pannier full of warm clothes. Was quite pleased with 32:30ish on a windy day!

One guy avoided the competitive thing by riding his MTB on knobblies.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 26 December, 2008, 10:01:08 pm »
We have a New Year's Day one.  If it's dry and I ride, I'll be taking the Brompton (maybe with tri-bars  :D)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 26 December, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »
I have memories of a Manchester & District Christmas 25 thirty years ago. One "competitor" had equipped his upright trike with a (very large) papier mache Christmas pudding on the rear axle ;D

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #5 on: 26 January, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »
Found it:

(no jokes about which is in fancy dress, and which is the Honourable TT co-ordinator )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles