Author Topic: Bt Fibre has arrived in the village or at least the physical fibre has...  (Read 1307 times)

There are coils of cable hanging from the poles so can anyone shed some light on how long it might take from this stage to it being functional and available to use please?

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
My friend now has a fully armed and operational cabinet about 100m from his house in Bumfuck, Lincolshite.  This counts for nothing as he can't order a FTTC product until Openreach add it to some database.

It took  couple of months here as far as I can remember.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
How tall are:
- the poles, and
- your ladder?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

fuaran

• rothair gasta
I've never seen it on poles before. Its all underground around here (except for the green boxes).

The broadband checker at Samknows should tell you when it is due to go live. https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/broadband
Or try https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/where-when/

I was just posting, when the connection dropped, to the effect I will take some pics tomorrow.

The Scottish link gives this info: We are planning to connect properties in your area directly to the fibre network (FTTP).

You are connected to the Jedburgh exchange. Your property is currently planned for upgrade to Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). This means it will be directly connected to the fibre network rather than through a fibre cabinet. Please be aware that sometimes FTTP plans can change.

Woo this is looking better than I thought.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

We got FTTP several years ago but it was extremely difficult to find out that it was available as it was not through the usual channels.  We are still not offered 'fibre' (via the open reach network) with anyone other than BT and even then I don't know if it is offered as the database says no.  We are on a leg from the city exchange out into the fiels and villages.  New loops of cable and gubbins similar to your photos arrived on our local poles over the last year or so, so I have no idea whether they relate to the FTTP or not.  Soon they will be down to the ground as the temporary tape holding them about 8 feet up the pole is beginning to fail in the sunshine.

We only got the FTTP after phoning BT to enquire why after a year or so of them pulling the fibres down the main road it still didn't appear to be available.  Luckily we also have Virgin cable in the area so can use that as a tool to beat BT to a sensible price.  (56 Mb/s unlimited for about £11 a month)