Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146326 times)

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #75 on: 28 October, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »
On the subject of recurring dreams, I have one where I am either trying to escape from a sinking ship or perhaps taking steps to prevent it from sinking. Not that unusual for a former marine engineer perhaps and they are not the terrifying, trapped in the dark, unable to get out variety. In fact the ship is generally sinking slowly and the process is usually composed and fairly relaxed.

What is peculiar is that I am always assisted by a group of people wholly unsuited to the task in hand. The junior foil team from my fencing club are perfectly nice people but to be honest most of them are pretty weedy, especially the girls, and they struggle to close a 15” gate valve. Even when I shout in order to help them (ffs use a wheel key Rebecca!). Mind you the executive secretariat from work weren’t much better and they’re adults. 

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #76 on: 28 October, 2011, 04:21:03 pm »
As far as I know I have no connection with Hendon. Whatever could it mean?

I went there once. Is that enough?

What is peculiar is that I am always assisted by a group of people wholly unsuited to the task in hand.

That just sounds like being at work to me.  ::-)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #77 on: 29 October, 2011, 02:09:45 pm »
Last night Mr Gates was in my dreams (Andy, not Bill). I don't think he was my boyfriend and I was vaguely aware that Bobb was missing, but we were dear friends. He accompanied me to all sorts of places, including taking my friend's little girl to Portobello beach, a task for which we had to buy two windbreaks because the weather was awful.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #78 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
I was given a pet called  a Kercene. It was a bit like the pre-gremlin 'mogwai' creature out of gremlins, but not as good looking, and it was flat, like a manta ray. After a bit it started drying up and looking agrier and angrier, but it wasn't able to make a noise so I didn't know what was up with it. I found out that you were supposed to feed it kerosene, and I hadn't been doing, and I got worried that it might die. When I eventually managed to source some kerosene, it was in the form of an oily naan bread, which it devoured.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #79 on: 17 December, 2011, 11:18:17 pm »
Last night I was at work, in a cheap looking sort of lecture theatre, possibly in a big shed. Various corporate suits were there, plus Jack Branning from Eastenders (I blame bobb for this cos he's the one who watches 'Enders). It was something about a money-making proposal to do with hens and they had big wooden crates of live hens. Every so often they'd get one out and pass it around and some people would shriek and not want to be near them, but I would sit them on my knee and stroke them. Then That Woman turned up to talk about capitalism. Some of the corporate people were quite nasty and were killing the hens for no reason, which was upsetting.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #80 on: 17 December, 2011, 11:27:07 pm »
I had a strange dream last night as well. I had to move to Hertfordshire, to a place called Timschurch - I think this was an amalgam of Whitchurch and Timsbury, both of which are round here. I was very upset at having to move, because Hertfordshire was very flat in my dream - like Norfolk - and I knew I was going to miss the hilliness of this area. When I woke up I realised the Chilterns probably run through Hertfordshire, which is better, but not as good as the realisation that I don't have to move at all. Though if someone really did offer me a great job there (which is what had happened in dreamworld), I suppose I might move!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #81 on: 18 December, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »
I didn't sleep very much last night for a variety of reasons.  But when I did, I had a really weird realistic dream...I sometimes know I'm dreaming, but this was so real I almost started jogging when I woke up!

I was in some sort of charity running race thingy.  We had to run from one village to the next along this field with trees lining it.  It was very easy to find our way since it was almost like a broad grassy alley.  There were marshalls occasionally and some people were running or walking in the opposite direction and I kept telling them that they should join us because it was such a good cause.  I eventually got to the other village and there was a big area where we could have a break before starting on our way back.  I forgot to give my number to the marshall that was counting us in and out, so had to wait extra long as we had to rest at this spot for a certain amount of time.  But it meant I got more rest (no cake though, silly dream!).  Just as I was starting back, I woke up.

I don't do running.  Ankles (and more recently knees) don't agree with running at all!

cwbuk

• three wheels better than two
« Reply #82 on: 20 December, 2011, 01:56:52 pm »
I keep on dreaming that I'm pregnant which is really worrying because i'm married to my cat
cwb

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #83 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »
I had a dream the other night that featured fast recumbents and computers that actually worked properly.  Then I woke up.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #84 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »
I keep on dreaming that I'm pregnant which is really worrying because i'm married to my cat

Would the outcome of such a match be a cuman or a hat?

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #85 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »
I've had a couple of weird dreams recently.

In one, I had parked my bike somewhere in That London - near the Festival Hall I think - and when I returned someone had nicked the wheels, brakes and handlebars and replaced the wheels with small ones, possibly off a shopping trolley or an A-bike.

In another, a load of people had assembled at my parents' house. We were going to go for lunch at the White Hart, Margaretting Tye (where the MEMWNRers met a few weeks ago). Mrs. Wow had her new bike and everyone was admiring it. Woolly & Peli were there, but I think everyone else was from my family, including my parents. I remember it being a sunny day and at the last minute Mrs. Wow being reluctant to ride or some reason. I think I woke up long before we got to the pub. This dream was particularly strange because both my parents have been dead for years and the house was knocked down ten years ago.

I think I must stop carving a big lump off the jarlsberg just before I go to bed.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #86 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:35:28 pm »
I had the weirdest drream in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I dreamt I had woken and heard a truck outside, on tick over.

When I went out the driver said he had a kitchen delivery for me.

Somehow I had ordered a full kitchen on ebay, and it was delivered on pallets, which the driver took off the truck and just left in the the road, for me to move onto the drive.....

It disturbed me so much I had to get out of bed when I woke to check there wasn't a truck there, or a load of pallets with kitchen units on in the drive.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #87 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »
I had another dream interact with reality yesterday morning.

I was dreaming I was punching someone in the face (something I have never done in real life).  In fact I had punched my bedside table lamp and had knocked it off.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #88 on: 20 December, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »
Note to self: Never share a bed with Biggsy ;D
Getting there...

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #89 on: 20 December, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »
;D  Or John Prescott.  I bet he has similar dreams.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #90 on: 20 December, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »
I had another dream interact with reality yesterday morning.

I was dreaming I was punching someone in the face (something I have never done in real life).  In fact I had punched my bedside table lamp and had knocked it off.

I once dreamed that my alarm clock had gone off.  I got up and had breakfast before noticing it was 2 am...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #91 on: 20 December, 2011, 04:27:22 pm »

Maybe if you shared a bed with John Prescott you could punch him in the face.

:D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #92 on: 20 December, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »
Personally, I'm a bit surprised Pauline hasn't.

Mind you, looking at him...
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #93 on: 13 January, 2012, 01:14:54 pm »
Last night I dreamed that I was marshalling a Skyride.  In Sittingbourne.   ???

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #94 on: 13 January, 2012, 02:39:57 pm »
Last night I dreamed that my shed had blown down in high winds, and a ned had stolen my bikes   >:( 
And in the dream I was thinking "Oh no, I need to get N+1 since I'm currently at N-2!   :o"

Strangely I had been thinking about an N+1 for the summer.......

« Reply #95 on: 13 January, 2012, 03:42:38 pm »

He looks battered enough for someone else to have had such dreams.

« Reply #96 on: 13 January, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »

He looks battered enough for someone else to have had such dreams.

EDIT; I was so  taken with Biggsy's post that I didn't read on. Therefore, I didn't see Clare's and Clarion's posts.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #97 on: 15 January, 2012, 10:51:45 am »
Last night bobb and I got engaged (in my dream, not real life, calm down, no hats required). He knew I wanted a demantoid garnet in my ring but he'd got an emerald, but it was still a lovely ring so I didn't mind much. My family were going to stay with his so they could meet each other and my mum decided to give my hair a trim and made a complete hash of it so I looked like a total wally. Then he decided we were going to see a seashell cave (in Chelmsford?) so he was looking out bikes for all of us.

« Reply #98 on: 15 January, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »
I had a GIANT (at least 2 inches long) wasp/hornet type thing land on my face, with its stinger positioned right by my lip.  I didn't dare move in case I upset it and it stung me.  It hung around there for absolutely ages and I thought I was going to sneeze when I woke up instead.

I don't like wasps, I like 2 inch wasps less!   :o

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #99 on: 15 January, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »
I've just dreamt about a baby in a drawer watching the first Moon landing live on TV.  Or maybe it was something I read on YACF.  ;)