Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897527 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2400 on: 16 March, 2017, 02:33:22 pm »
Hate trumps all.    Pleased to see that the Dutch haven't fallen for hate.

« Reply #2401 on: 22 March, 2017, 01:58:06 pm »
Piers Morgan - self-promoting super-twat (and, of course, colossal bell-end).

Or have we done him before ?
Rust never sleeps

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2402 on: 22 March, 2017, 02:12:20 pm »
However, that seems to be just drawing attention to the colossal bell-end.
Getting there...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2403 on: 22 March, 2017, 02:28:27 pm »
I'm sure if he offered to shut up for good they could raise enough cash for the BBC never to need to hold Comic Relief ever again.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2404 on: 22 March, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »
I look forward to this experiment being extended into a long-term trial, and possibly with its scope expanded to include such things as Piers "Morgan" Moron1 giving up appearing on the anbaric distacope and Piers "Morgan" Moron2 not writing anything for the newspapers.

1: the colossal bellend
2: the colossal bellend
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2405 on: 25 March, 2017, 04:17:25 pm »
The journalist (or sub-editor) who doesn't know the definition of 'homely' and applies it to a singer in the title of this article
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/leisure/music/15180371.Why_homely_Amy_Macdonald_sticks_out_for_being_open__normal_and_very_honest/?action=success#comment_18231565
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2406 on: 25 March, 2017, 05:01:16 pm »
I think you might be being unfair - I'd associate 'homely' in the headline with 'down to earth' in the body copy, not with her liking home.

« Reply #2407 on: 25 March, 2017, 08:40:56 pm »
Homely when applied to a person has a specific meaning. Plain of face of appearance.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #2408 on: 25 March, 2017, 10:32:01 pm »
Homely when applied to a person has a specific meaning. Plain of face of appearance.

Along with "Child bearing hips"?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #2409 on: 25 March, 2017, 11:04:07 pm »
Piers Morgan - self-promoting super-twat (and, of course, colossal bell-end).

Or have we done him before ?

I very much doubt he's been mentioned on here before, what with all his self-deprecating comments and all.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

ian

« Reply #2410 on: 26 March, 2017, 03:04:02 am »

Hmm, I don't think it does. Homely means cosy and comfortable. In that context of the article its basically saying she's not risque rock star material.

In British English, that is. In American English it has different meaning and calling a lady thus will get you slapped.

« Reply #2411 on: 26 March, 2017, 08:15:29 am »
According to the Oxford English dictionary, in English English, it only has meaning applied to a place or object. Applying it to a person is the American usage and is the insulting definition.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homely
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2412 on: 26 March, 2017, 10:56:30 am »
That link offers two definitions in British English: 1.1 is "simple and unpretentious," which I think fits admirably with the headline you complain about.

The example sentences make it abundantly clear that this usage is not merely of a place or surroundings. That restriction only applies to the first definition given.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #2413 on: 27 March, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »

Hmm, I don't think it does. Homely means cosy and comfortable. In that context of the article its basically saying she's not risque rock star material.

In British English, that is. In American English it has different meaning and calling a lady thus will get you slapped.

This is absolutely my understanding of it. Now, shall we define 'fanny'?  ;D
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

fuzzy

« Reply #2414 on: 27 March, 2017, 11:14:59 pm »

This is absolutely my understanding of it. Now, shall we define 'fanny'?  ;D
Sour faced TV cook with a drunken Johnny?

« Reply #2415 on: 28 March, 2017, 07:59:22 am »
Paul Dacre. Responsible for the front page of the Daily Fail today. Words fail me. ("Never mind Brexit, who won Legs-it ?")
Rust never sleeps

red marley

« Reply #2416 on: 28 March, 2017, 09:18:29 am »
GOOGLE, THE SEXIST'S FRIEND.

Yesterday it took the Daily Mail two minutes to use the INTERNET to find pictures of ladies' legs.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2417 on: 28 March, 2017, 11:09:23 am »
POTD!!!!
Getting there...

« Reply #2418 on: 28 March, 2017, 06:51:54 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/28/landlord-fergus-wilson-said-coloured-people-leave-curry-smell

Fergus Wilson again.   The type of chap who'd benefit from a brisk all over massage with a cheese grater, followed by a relaxing bath in a vat of lemon juice & vinegar  :demon:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2419 on: 28 March, 2017, 08:03:33 pm »
Trump and his fossilsaur mentality.

In c21 USA will get left behind if they are not careful.   I cannot believe the likes of Elon Musk can be happy with the trumpasaurus.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2420 on: 28 March, 2017, 08:50:53 pm »
Trump and his fossilsaur mentality.

In c21 USA will get left behind if they are not careful.   I cannot believe the likes of Elon Musk can be happy with the trumpasaurus.

It can't have escaped your attention that Elon Musk is putting rather a lot of effort into getting the hell off this planet as soon as is practical...

« Reply #2421 on: 28 March, 2017, 10:44:27 pm »
Surely everyone should hammer the US with carbon-taxalike trade tariffs or summat if they're daft enough to go ahead with this.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #2422 on: 29 March, 2017, 07:34:10 am »
Well, he does keep on saying ...

AMERICA FIRST

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2423 on: 29 March, 2017, 11:17:48 am »
He also keeps saying "Make America Great" but he's been mis-quoted1; what he actually keeps saying is "Make America Grate".  And he's not talking about cheese-flavoured food product either.

1: Keeps happening to the poor fellow; can't think why.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2424 on: 30 March, 2017, 09:46:05 am »
Jeremy Hunt, exercising his Life Membership of this thread yet again with his appalling mismanagement of interactions with an FGM survivor.

Oh, and for the insulting 1% pay increase after gods know how many years of freeze.  But the first point is the worst.
Getting there...