Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897564 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3000 on: 08 March, 2018, 06:52:24 pm »
The Orange 45. Again Again Again Again Again
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3001 on: 08 March, 2018, 06:58:54 pm »
What's the hooting shitgibbon said/done now?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3002 on: 08 March, 2018, 07:10:29 pm »
Quentin Lett.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3003 on: 08 March, 2018, 07:34:34 pm »
Complained publicly that every country that does business with Leftpondia rapes it mercilessly.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3004 on: 08 March, 2018, 10:55:32 pm »
Quentin Lett.

Just in general or has he been extra odious?
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #3005 on: 09 March, 2018, 01:30:10 pm »
Quentin Lett.

Patronising and snobbish towards Mhairi Black.

ian

« Reply #3006 on: 09 March, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »
To be fair, he's patronising and snobbish towards everyone. He's the sort of chap that manages to offend his own reflection.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #3007 on: 09 March, 2018, 06:59:05 pm »
Quentin Letts
‏ @thequentinletts

Went to the 'ban wolf-whistling' debate just now. Few there. Mhairi Black (SNP) gave a speech full of rude words but I'm not sure anyone fully understood them. It's not an easy accent.

« Reply #3008 on: 09 March, 2018, 08:33:36 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3009 on: 09 March, 2018, 10:06:45 pm »

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3010 on: 10 March, 2018, 08:30:55 am »
Complained publicly that every country that does business with Leftpondia rapes it mercilessly.

Just ask his erstwhile associates.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #3011 on: 10 March, 2018, 09:55:11 pm »
Steve Bannon.  The French fascists don't need any bloody encouragement  >:(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #3012 on: 10 March, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »
The NRA, for suing the Florida state government, who are trying to implement some (slightly) restrictions on gun ownership, including giving police the right to take guns off people whose behaviour is giving them concern.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3013 on: 10 March, 2018, 11:36:44 pm »
This Twat, who's going to be spending the next 7 years wearing orange  :-D https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/pharma-bro-martin-shkreli-sentenced-to-7-years-in-prison?utm_term=.gr3MJ7QkPR&bftwnews#.qxxnk32L0P

Just chanced across a couple of gems from transcripts of pre-trial jury selection for the Shkreli case.

Source: https://twitter.com/BranPart/status/972190783825694721
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3014 on: 11 March, 2018, 06:28:02 am »
The NRA, 《 snip 》 ...

No further explanation required.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3015 on: 11 March, 2018, 07:44:05 am »
Steve Bannon.  The French fascists don't need any bloody encouragement  >:(

And his interpreter, who said just about any bloody rubbish when his bloody rubbish didn't make sense. And mixed up Ted Cruz and Tom Cruise.  :thumbsup:

Come to that, the entire Front National and their supporters, who actually do need all the encouragement they can get because they're not getting a lot just now. Stuff 'em.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #3016 on: 11 March, 2018, 08:59:40 am »
Quentin Lett.

What Letts actually wrote was “Happily,Miss Black has such a formidably strong accent that the dreadful words she uttered ( she was repeating some rude words that she had been called on social media) were almost completely incomprehensible to your sketchwriter’s soft southerners ear.”

My wife’s uncle was born and brought up in South Lanarkshire and had an accent that was that strong that I never mastered it.
And that was after he had lived in East Anglia for 50 years. I know plenty of people in Yorkshire who would struggle to decipher Geordies or Pitwackas from 30 miles away. I have never heard Mhairi Black but as you are living in Edinburgh your ears are more tuned in to the Scots accent than many of us.

Letts’ column is the Parliamentary Sketch. Given that most of the business of Parliament is as dull as ditchwater, the aim of the sketch writer is to try to present the action in more than the deadpan of Hansard.
It’s not meant to be serious reporting .
Letts is sarcastic about anyone and everyone even Mother Theresa. It’s his schoolboy style.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3017 on: 11 March, 2018, 04:22:30 pm »
Letts is still an S-T of epic proportions.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #3018 on: 11 March, 2018, 09:21:42 pm »
Quentin Lett.

What Letts actually wrote was “Happily,Miss Black has such a formidably strong accent that the dreadful words she uttered ( she was repeating some rude words that she had been called on social media) were almost completely incomprehensible to your sketchwriter’s soft southerners ear.”

My wife’s uncle was born and brought up in South Lanarkshire and had an accent that was that strong that I never mastered it.
And that was after he had lived in East Anglia for 50 years. I know plenty of people in Yorkshire who would struggle to decipher Geordies or Pitwackas from 30 miles away. I have never heard Mhairi Black but as you are living in Edinburgh your ears are more tuned in to the Scots accent than many of us.

Letts’ column is the Parliamentary Sketch. Given that most of the business of Parliament is as dull as ditchwater, the aim of the sketch writer is to try to present the action in more than the deadpan of Hansard.
It’s not meant to be serious reporting .
Letts is sarcastic about anyone and everyone even Mother Theresa. It’s his schoolboy style.
What he said on twitter was "Went to the 'ban wolf-whistling' debate just now. Few there. Mhairi Black (SNP) gave a speech full of rude words but I'm not sure anyone fully understood them. It's not an easy accent."

« Reply #3019 on: 12 March, 2018, 08:52:33 am »
An opinion held by a lot of Anglophones.
Is it patronising then when the BBC introduce subtitles even when the person is speaking English?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3020 on: 12 March, 2018, 08:56:33 am »
It's disingenuous - he understood her well enough to recognise the rude words.

Clearly he has nothing interesting or informative to say about the content of her speech and can only muster enough wit to make a cheap personal attack.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3021 on: 12 March, 2018, 09:07:32 am »
Is it patronising then when the BBC introduce subtitles even when the person is speaking English?

What is patronising is when the subtitles for the hard of hearing are deliberately edited so that the reader may not see rude words.  It is OK to hear them but not read them.

ian

« Reply #3022 on: 12 March, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
Letts is a bit of a twat who does that upper-middling class schtick that for some reason appeals to some people despite being neither especially funny or entertaining. It's probably a valid point to say making the average events at Parliament interesting an uphill struggle and he looks like the kind of chap who would struggle with any kind of gradient literal or figurative. Most parliamentary 'sketch' type things follow the same script. No one really gripes when they take the piss out of May or Corbyn on a similar basis.

Of course, any sympathy should be tempered by the fact he writes for the DM.

Re subtitles for accents. Sometimes it's a bit bizarre as they don't seem difficult (as here, but then I lived in Edinburgh for several years), but some British accents are obviously a struggle especially to foreign ears who expect us all to sound like we've escaped from a Richard Curtis movie (I've spent a couple of decades making my original dialect understandable on account I've never managed to will realtime subtitles into being).

I hate the entire censoring for expletives, they're words that's all, we're not in primary school.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3023 on: 12 March, 2018, 10:09:40 am »
Mhairi Black's words are very clear and easy to understand, even for someone who has barely even visited Scotland (me, for example).  Letts is being a snob and a tosspot.

And a supertwat by managing to belittle women, people of a different social class, residents of the regions etc.

This is a very serious and important subject, and he only distracts from it (perhaps because calling out sexism is a little too close to home for him?)
Getting there...

ian

« Reply #3024 on: 12 March, 2018, 10:13:28 am »
It's a good job none of us has taken the piss out of May's mannerisms or accent then.