Author Topic: Random tandom Q  (Read 7964 times)

Re: Random tandom Q
« Reply #25 on: 04 November, 2008, 11:13:52 pm »
I think it's a lot to do with centre of gravity. Mrs. Wow is tall (5'7") and with elegant long legs, therefore her saddle is high.

A high centre of gravity helps balance on the move, but does the opposite when stationary.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 05 November, 2008, 09:27:01 am »
I've never had problems holding a tandem up even with a Rann trailer and a childseat, so an adult and two children behind. In that configuration S had to mount by standing on a pedal so as to swing a leg forward over the rear top tube. That did require that I had both feet on the ground.

Superstoker has recently learned to ride a horse, so has taken to occasionally mounting the tandem in a similar way. :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #27 on: 03 April, 2009, 05:09:42 pm »
I'm about 83kg; one of my regular stokers weighs over 100, and the chap I did the E2E with is taller than me and of similar build. It's not a serious problem.

« Reply #28 on: 08 June, 2009, 09:57:11 pm »
Missus & I are new to tandems.
She didn't like stoker position at all.   Hated not being able to see.   I'm a good 8" taller (and 85kgs to her 60kgs) so I'm thinking I'll be able to see over her shoulders.  She's pretty strong - we shall see if it works for us.