Author Topic: Cafes  (Read 2133 times)

Cafes
« on: 03 July, 2018, 07:01:13 pm »
I'm eventually getting fit enough again that I can justify travelling somewhere for a really good cafe.

I came across the filling station in Tintern last weekend. Lovely setting and great cafe geared up for cycling, well worth the 100 mile round trip. Also, if you go here, make sure that you ride from Monmouth along the A466 on the banks of the river Wye - one of the best roads I've ridden in the UK.

I'm hoping that you can share what cafes are worth going the distance for you?

Re: Cafes
« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2018, 07:26:16 pm »
The Tintern road features in the Brevet Cymru, complete with mist rising from the river.

There's a great cafe in Berkeley (other side of bridge). It's tucked away under an arch on the road past the castle.

Erwood (near Builth) has a cracking cafe at an old station complete with art gallery.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2 on: 03 July, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »
The Buffers at Rawtenstall has some fabulous beer and serves excellent pies. It's on the platform of the East Lancashire Railway so there's classic rolling stock and steam locos to boot.

Uncle Peter can tell us more, especially about the coffee, I'm sure it's been mentioned in more than one of his ride reports...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #4 on: 03 July, 2018, 09:13:39 pm »

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 03 July, 2018, 10:46:25 pm »
 :P
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #6 on: 16 July, 2018, 08:14:05 am »
To be honest, I find it harder and harder to find a decent cafe or restaurant. My feet hurt all the time after all the walking to a new place these days.