Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 12:37:52 pm »
Nuclear Device - The Stranglers
The simplest solution is to amend the entry form for Audax >200 km so that the rider has to confirm that they will not drive for 8 hours after the event.

I'm not a fan of things like this, since it assumes things that may not be true for everyone, and has an unwanted effect on those that it shouldn't apply. There are many riders that can be finished with a 300 within 13 hours, which is usually before 7pm - I'm not really willing to state that I'll wait around for 8 hours (by which point driving might be more dangerous) when it might only be an hour's drive home.

The action that Lightning Phil says he's taken by "nudging" his riders to consider adequate rest seems like a good way to go and seems like something people will pay more attention to than a tick box on a form. I've had an email this week from an organiser about a forthcoming 400, so perhaps this thread has had a good effect in that way (unless they were planning to do that anyway).
The Knowledge / Re: Modifying a bag into a pannier
« Last post by Goldcrank on Today at 12:36:15 pm »
Thanks everyone. Any suggestions for punching holes in order to fit the Ortlieb hardware?

Good call on the heel clearance, Tim. I'll have to watch that.

Sam

Is the bag synthetic? If so use a Soldering Iron
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 12:33:42 pm »
Love Missile F1-11 - Sigue Sigue Sputnik
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 12:20:23 pm »
If you can get a bit of tube which will fit into the chuck of a drill (copper or ally are preferable to steel) Spin up the tube then, using a piece of rolled up wet&dry paper, put a cutting edge on the ID of the tube.
You can then twist the tube through the Correx - although it'll struggle to get through where you've applied double sided tape.
« Last post by ravenbait on Today at 12:14:17 pm »
Thanks everyone. Any suggestions for punching holes in order to fit the Ortlieb hardware?

Good call on the heel clearance, Tim. I'll have to watch that.

Sam
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:00:03 pm »
Jesus Was Way Cool ~ King Missile
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 11:55:48 am »
As one door closes, another opens — Boeing corporate slogan
The Pub / Re: The Good News Thread
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 11:54:11 am »
Last Garden Party I went to they didn't have hand driers.  Just rather nice paper towels.
« Last post by Kim on Today at 11:50:51 am »
Second the two sheets of correx suggestion, it becomes vastly more rigid that way.  Tape is probably a good approach, as polypropylene can be hit and miss with common adhesives (I have some hot glue sticks designed for the purpose, which are a revelation).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10