Author Topic: Hertfordshire Events in 2021  (Read 1006 times)

Hertfordshire Events in 2021
« on: 05 March, 2021, 10:19:05 pm »
List of events I’m planning from Hertfordshire in 2021. Any other Herts organisers feel free to add your events. I know there’s one to the south who was active in 2019 and probably would have been in 2020 but for a pandemic.

Sat 14th August 2021

Rutland Weekend 300

Undecided on Friday midnight start or Sat morning start or something else.  Just starting to get my thoughts together (again) on this one.  It last ran in 2013 under a different organiser.  I’ve some route changes to try out but it’s basically up to Rutland and back from Baldock, Hertfordshire.  It’ll be a loop so not out and back, though some roads will be traversed in both directions. Possible dip into Northamptonshire if the distances work with the route changes I have in mind. Had some nice DIY 200s up that way in the summer.

I’m thinking a curry before the start and midnight start bit like Green and Yellow Fields 300. Baldock is on Kings Cross / Cambridge line with bike friendly trains all the way from Brighton and through London.

I’ll be running this for the first time this year having applied for and been approved for the next level of organiser up to 600km events.

Sat 18th September 2021

The following will start from Stevenage, Hertfordshire.  On east coast main line for trains.

Greenways Lite 50km. 
Greenways 100km.

Basically the greenways (disused railways) of Hertfordshire.  Suitable for all types of bike with generous time limits. Been running these a few years but not last year.

See https://herts-audax.herokuapp.com/hertfordshire-greenways/ .

Four Minute Mile 200

An excursion to the Iffley stadium , Oxford where the four minute mile was broken. A double crossing of the Chilterns with 2,000m of climbing assessed by AAA man. This is one I have been running a few years and I was able to run it last year.

See https://herts-audax.herokuapp.com/the-four-minute-mile-200/

Pub finish again this year. Last year was somewhat different!

October 2021

Stevenage End of Summertime rides likely to be back. Needs to be discussed with my local CTC group. But plenty of time for that. Happens on clock change weekend.

March 2022

Stevenage Start of Summertime 200

Will be returning to its usual slot of the clock weekend change

Re: Hertfordshire Events in 2021
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2021, 10:26:50 pm »
To add; the following are now available in perm format. This was something I was able to get setup audax wise , during the pandemic

Greenways 100
Four Minute Mile 200
Stevenage Start of Summertime 200

Start any control, ride either direction etc.

Traditional brevet card and receipts , or DIY by GPS. Plus the 200s are available on ebrevet at least they were before things were suspended.