Author Topic: Ladysmith Ride 2008  (Read 2678 times)

Ladysmith Ride 2008
« on: 15 April, 2008, 08:12:40 pm »
Another version of a ride I did back in 2006 with some people from an e-mail list I'm on over here. The ride starts in Ladysmith, VA, and traverses scrubby oak and pine woods, farms, ex-towns, and the edges of creeping suburbia in eastern Virginia, at about the midpoint between Washington DC and Richmond. About 15 riders showed up.

This was my first ride of any serious length (41 miles) this year, which is disappointing, but it was very nice to be out for a real ride with some like-minded people.

^ first river crossing; northern parulas singing in the trees. a lot of the area is has swampy woods and floodplains like this

^ Minor temples of the Civilwarian sect

The full set is here.
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Re: Ladysmith Ride 2008
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2008, 08:58:05 pm »
That looks like good cycling country Scott.  Were the roads as quiet as they look?

Oh, and by the way, I think you meant 'over there', not 'over here'.

« Reply #2 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:05:04 pm »
That looks like good cycling country Scott.  Were the roads as quiet as they look?

It's funny--despite the fact that I took over 80 pictures on a 40-mile ride, there are some gaps in the photos. And they're all from times that (1) I was in front of a big group and didn't know why, and didn't want to pull out a camera, wobble, and cause a wreck, or (2) there was traffic. But (2) was very rare--there were only two spots with any traffic, and the rest was as quiet as could be.

Oh, and by the way, I think you meant 'over there', not 'over here'.

My grammar is probably off, but I just meant "over here in the US," as opposed to YACF, which is "over there in the UK," where I'm not.

« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:21:13 pm »
I was being facetious.  Ignore me.

« Reply #4 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:28:10 pm »
I was being facetious.  Ignore me.

Nah--I was being thick (again).

clarion

• Tyke