Author Topic: North Riding 300 : 9pm 8/3/19  (Read 4764 times)

Re: North Riding 300 : 9pm 8/3/19
« Reply #25 on: 09 March, 2019, 08:34:31 pm »
Thankyou  Dean for a good route and well organinsed event (with significant help from McDonalds).

Stonking tail wind as  far as Whitby. The  descent to Whitby was blisteringly fast, Darkness of course only made it seem even faster. Payback came , parts of the Wolds and York to Scotch Corner were Hard
I, and a few others had difficulty with fried  food. Porridge pots became our preference. Without having had much to eat and feeling queasy the ride drew out with  more and more brief stops.
I hit rock bottom at High Brough services. lots of TLC from the assistant  there  - heating porridge, loaning her spoon, Thank you!
A power nap got me going to Darlington via Barton and Stapleton - The only bit of  Dean's route that could be 'tweaked'.

By the Arrivee I could at last eat normally (psycology?) and felt good enough to consider the 55Km home to Durham. I rang  Lynn (tricycle rescue!) and told her I would turn on my RWGPS phone tracker and see how I felt at Sedgefield.
The wind dropped through the late afternoon and I carried on for a pleasant, but at times on hills slow finishing ride.

« Reply #26 on: 09 March, 2019, 08:47:11 pm »
Well done, Aidan.

I'm going to have to take a box of chocolates out for the staff at High Brough Moor Services. A rider on my January 200 mentioned how friendly they were when he temporarily lost the gift of sight (entirely his own fault for chasing the fast wheels).

« Reply #27 on: 09 March, 2019, 09:19:32 pm »
Well done for finishing it.

Having had little sleep this week and stupidly long hours at work I was in no fit state to ride so had to cancel.

« Reply #28 on: 10 March, 2019, 08:39:09 am »
A tough night out due to a particularly cruel wind but oh those cheese and pistachio biscuits! Thanks Deano

« Reply #29 on: 31 December, 2019, 07:03:19 pm »
Well done, Aidan.

I'm going to have to take a box of chocolates out for the staff at High Brough Moor Services. A rider on my January 200 mentioned how friendly they were when he temporarily lost the gift of sight (entirely his own fault for chasing the fast wheels).

I finally dropped off some chocolates today. Little bit late, but NYE is a shit time to be at work, so hopefully it cheered 'em up.

For 2020, I've rebranded this Second Class Return to Scarborough, and it's in the calendar for Friday the 27th of March. Nunthorpe, Scarborough and Skipwith await!

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/20-203/