Author Topic: [LEL17] Preferential entry  (Read 5328 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
[LEL17] Preferential entry
« on: 10 November, 2016, 05:10:03 pm »
This Q's Arrive say you need to have been an Auk member for two years for the preferential entry - is that right?

I think I joined this time last year with a 5-year membership.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Phil W

Re: Preferential entry
« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2016, 06:05:49 pm »
Yep, you need to have been a member at least since March 2015. Plus you need to have renewed if your membership expires this year. So you'll need to wait till 20th Jan when general entry opens.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 13 November, 2016, 04:52:24 pm »
Is general entry expected to sell out on the first day? Or is there plenty of time to enter?

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2016, 09:39:42 pm »
2013 much to our surprise all 750 places then available went in the first few hours. Ride numbers were then taken up to 1000 and about 1100 entered with 100 dropping out pre start. Ride numbers now taken up to what we really think is the Uk max  of 1500 . (there is not the support from control locations that PBP gets). first offer of 400 places made in 2015 went immediately.  entries for AUk members since 2015 + guaranteed will take about another 500 .. so about 500/600 places available still on 20th jan. If I really wanted to ride I would not bank on getting  a place on 21st jan .. I might .. but then again all 500/600 places could have gone in hours on 20th. .I think our social media presence, web site etc is better handled this time compared with 2013.

2013 was judged by all riders to be a great success .. and we reckon 2017 will be better than 2013, because we know more than we did when we took it on last time.

Now you know as much as we do .
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 13 November, 2016, 09:56:02 pm »
I think 2013 places went in about 12 hours didn't they?  Basically, everyone got a place who was sitting at their computer when entries opened.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #5 on: 14 November, 2016, 10:55:50 am »
Basically, everyone got a place who was sitting at their computer when entries opened.
And those of us who were out trying our first 200km ride to see if we could get round in time didn't get an entry (at least not until the numbers were increased!)

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #6 on: 14 November, 2016, 11:38:03 am »
Well you should have been at your computer when entries opened then, shouldn't you.

« Reply #7 on: 14 November, 2016, 05:09:57 pm »
Basically, everyone got a place who was sitting at their computer when entries opened.
And those of us who were out trying our first 200km ride to see if we could get round in time didn't get an entry (at least not until the numbers were increased!)

The entry was brought forward to the night before wasn't it.  Wonder if the same will happen this time  ??

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #8 on: 14 November, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »
The entry was brought forward by about an hour.

« Reply #9 on: 15 November, 2016, 02:50:00 am »

Some of us had been planning to try our first 200 that Saturday, to see what we made of audax before entering, but happened to be reading this place the night before and decided that we'd better bite the bullet.

Some of us may then have spent from approximately km35 to km190 of said 200 thinking we'd made a horrible mistake.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #10 on: 15 November, 2016, 07:01:24 am »
2013 is history, no point in making nasty posts that aren't going to make anyone any happier.

(click to show/hide)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #11 on: 15 November, 2016, 10:34:46 am »
I think I know the answer to this, as the instructions appear clear, but to be absolutely sure:

as an AUK member from before March 2015, I'll get a place as long as I enter some time before 20 January. So I don't have to be waiting finger poised over my keyboard on 6 January.

Is that correct?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #12 on: 15 November, 2016, 10:36:50 am »
Yes
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Phil W

« Reply #13 on: 15 November, 2016, 11:53:29 am »
I've posted details on early entry for AUKs in the AUK Forum

http://forum.audax.uk/index.php?topic=1188.0

You will not need to have your finger poised for early entry on 6th January.  We will not be opening it the night before (in answer to question above).  It's likely we'll open up early entry sometime in the early evening of 6th Jan.  But no need to sit poised to hammer your keyboard, you'll have till the end of 19th Jan to get your early entry in before we open up entries to all.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #14 on: 15 November, 2016, 01:12:55 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #15 on: 16 November, 2016, 10:48:57 pm »
Here is the money man .. being  pedantic.

I want the AUK +  guaranteed to have paid by 18th Jan .. then I can see payments on bank statement  on the 19th .. thereby knowing the number of places that we have left for general offer.

So I shall be trying to get Danial to amend the final instruction to be.... PAY BY 18th.. but I might not win .. leading to some uncertainty on exactly how many places we have left for the 20th.

« Reply #16 on: 17 November, 2016, 08:09:55 am »
Would even earlier payment help?

I have a guaranteed place from supporting the film so am very happy to pay now if that would help?

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #17 on: 17 November, 2016, 09:59:44 am »
there is no reason to pay now for the AUK and guaranteed entries. We are about to get on top of the first 400 and their final payments ( complicated by the fact that I am going to be out of all internet connection for about a fortnight soon ) .. but when we open for the AUK and Guaranteed in early Jan .. so long as all 500 of you choose not to pay on the last possible day .. (not forgetting the work sorting out / cancelling those who  have not paid ) .. all should work reasonably well. So thanks for the idea .. but get your place post 6th Jan .. pay soonish after that .. and you will make my life a bit easier.

Roger

« Reply #18 on: 17 November, 2016, 11:00:50 am »
.. and you will make my life a bit easier.

We will certainly enjoy trying to do that!