Author Topic: Kinnear vs Pardew-Talk of the toon  (Read 1442 times)

Kinnear vs Pardew-Talk of the toon
« on: 20 June, 2013, 05:24:32 pm »
Pardew has an 8 year contract in his desk but Kinnear is Ashley's man. There's only one way to settle this!

Wasn't it Kenny Dalglish who started the "Director of Football" thing or is it a European import like most of the Mags players?

Re: Kinnear vs Pardew-Talk of the toon
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2013, 12:00:22 am »
madders, I'd like nothing more than to dismiss your post as the rantings of a raving tyke - but I'm afraid you're right!  I wonder if Ashley is regretting having given Pardew such a long contract and is trying to force him out - though I suppose constructive dismissal might be claimed.  What with this and the disgrace of the pay-day-loans logo on the shirts, I'm afraid Ashley is morally bankrupt.  It would be poetic justice if his actual bankruptcy followed soon.

Although it will be impossible not to keep looking for United's results, I'll be putting my psychic energy behind Rochdale this season.  We could be playing you next season!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2013, 07:11:53 am »
This is one of those occassions when poverty & geography make me relieved that I don't have a season ticket for st.James's Park.
Ashley is clueless ::-)

I suspect this

I wonder if Ashley is regretting having given Pardew such a long contract and is trying to force him out -

is the agenda :(

« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2013, 11:14:48 pm »
Oh yes lets have another manager at st  wonga  park Its worked so well for us in the past . Un sexy foolball her we go                                                                               
Its More Fun With Three .

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4 on: 22 June, 2013, 12:20:45 am »
After this, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that Mike Ashley was bringing Dennis Wise back in some capacity.

:facepalm: ???
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #5 on: 22 June, 2013, 12:04:48 pm »
One rumour is that Ashley wants out of NUFC and intends to buy Spurs (he's a Spurs fan). Bale would be sold to MUFC.

It's also, allegedly, why he offered the backroom staff and players a share of a £1m bonus for beating Arsenal in the final game of the season as that would have given Spurs the Chumps League place.

Instigating managerial shenanigans could all be part of his cunning scheme.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #6 on: 22 June, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »
Peter, although I am a raving lunatic LUFC supporter, my early life in the old North Riding was more Northern Echo than Yorkshire Post.
Add to that 3 years at uni in Newcastle, which included living in a terrace within a stone's throw of St. James's , and I still retain a passing interest in the Magpies more than most other PL clubs.
It does seem a strange way to run a business never mind a football club . Mike Ashley may think he is at one with the fans on the terraces, but he needs to do more than wear a replica shirt and guzzle beer to get to know real Newcastle fans. They can still tell you about winning the Inter City Fairs cup in 1969 against Uspest Dosja. Many of them weren't even born then.
They were pleased to see Kinnear go. They are totally mystified about the reasons for his return.
Alan Pardew at least was winning them round on some fronts, not least because he came across as a decent straightforward guy.

« Reply #7 on: 22 June, 2013, 05:50:59 pm »
Peter, although I am a raving lunatic LUFC supporter, my early life in the old North Riding was more Northern Echo than Yorkshire Post.
Add to that 3 years at uni in Newcastle, which included living in a terrace within a stone's throw of St. James's , and I still retain a passing interest in the Magpies more than most other PL clubs.
It does seem a strange way to run a business never mind a football club . Mike Ashley may think he is at one with the fans on the terraces, but he needs to do more than wear a replica shirt and guzzle beer to get to know real Newcastle fans. They can still tell you about winning the Inter City Fairs cup in 1969 against Uspest Dosja. Many of them weren't even born then.
They were pleased to see Kinnear go. They are totally mystified about the reasons for his return.
Alan Pardew at least was winning them round on some fronts, not least because he came across as a decent straightforward guy.

Madcow, I too was at Newcastle University, though, I suspect, somewhat earlier than you!  Did you live in Leazes?

I also fully Moncur with your analysis of the situation.  Ashley should just let Alan and the Frenchies get on with it!

« Reply #8 on: 22 June, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
No ,I avoided Leazes, although Mrs M was  and our daughter lived in Castle Court which are relatively new self catering flats  next to the Halls.
I was in Newcastle from 1979 to 1982. I was  (still am I suppose)an Agric.

« Reply #9 on: 23 June, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »
I was in Leazes 1983-84.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.