Author Topic: How to clean your carpet ?  (Read 2101 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
How to clean your carpet ?
« on: 03 May, 2008, 04:06:17 pm »
Yesterday I was giving Stella, Felix and Seth their well over due scrub behind their ears. Even with me putting a blanket and news papers out to cover the carpet I managed to drip oil, muck, and what-nots all over the place.

So how do you clean yours, paint it over in one colour, cut with scissors the dirt off ?

The problem with ours it is (or used to be) a light colour so putting an even layer of muck/oil all over the carpet is out of the question, as the landlord would notice that :)

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: How to clean your carpet ?
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2008, 04:34:10 pm »
Cover the rest of the carpet with oil, muck, and what-nots and say it's always been like that! I'll back you up on it!

Either that or Vanish
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Fi

« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2008, 04:41:41 pm »
Put swarfega on the oily bits, then scrape off with fingers once the grease has softened.  Let general dirt dry then brush off as much as you can. Then, as Sammy says, vanish, or astonish, or anything like that to clean the remainder.

Do you know if you get orange degreaser on grass, the grass goes black?

« Reply #3 on: 04 May, 2008, 05:41:37 pm »
So how do you clean yours, paint it over in one colour, cut with scissors the dirt off ?

You jest, but I had to do this once where some emulsion paint had managed to spill onto the carpet, and was left long enough that it set solid.  The only option was to "shave" the carpet, which left a bald patch, but at least it was broadly the same color as the remainder! ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Elleigh

« Reply #4 on: 04 May, 2008, 08:52:25 pm »
Vanish carpet spray/mouse is good. 

But laminate flooring in the living room and quarry tiles in the kitchen are the best for cyclists, as oil and much just wipes up!

Zoidburg

« Reply #5 on: 04 May, 2008, 11:32:11 pm »
Wrap the body up in the old bloodstained carpet for disposal and then just buy a new one...I am not sure if thats what you mean ::-)

« Reply #6 on: 09 May, 2008, 12:47:22 pm »
Vanish carpet spray/mouse is good. 

But laminate flooring in the living room and quarry tiles in the kitchen are the best for cyclists, as oil and much just wipes up!

Can I bring my bike round to your house to fix then?