Author Topic: The Yet Another End To End Thread  (Read 2108 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
The Yet Another End To End Thread
« on: 11 June, 2008, 09:02:19 am »
I arranged a pass with SWMBO. I can do an end to end next year (force majeure permitting).

The aim is to spend the best part of a week getting to York for the Rally, then spend the next week meandering up North. Late June so the kids last two weeks at school but all the evening activities should have finished so minimum hassle for SWMBO.

And I have a whole year to plan routes. I do have to stop off at Trowbridge (MiL) which could be the end of Day 2 or lunch on Day 3. I'm thinking the Langdon Beck LEL route then fudge my way North to Inverness.

Online route blogging by mobile phone camera..

..d

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
Re: The Yet Another End To End Thread
« Reply #1 on: 11 June, 2008, 09:14:16 am »
Blimey, the 2009 York Rally thread has started already.  ;D Sounds great David, all these LeJog/JogLe threads just keep adding to the temptation. One of these days I'm going to crack and start planning.

David Martin

« Reply #2 on: 11 June, 2008, 02:33:50 pm »
You are more than welcome to accompany me. My aim is to get the train down to Penzance the Saturday before York, and the train back from Inverness (or Thurso if feeling weary) at the end of the following week. A mixture of wild camping, civilised camping, B&B/YHA and family for accommodation. Long gentle days rather than trying to break records. A route for the scenery rather than directness.

..d

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11 June, 2008, 03:12:15 pm »
Thanks for the invite David, sounds like something that will simply have to be discussed over a pint at York. See you there.

« Reply #4 on: 13 June, 2008, 02:47:39 pm »
I noticed this in the CTC newsnet email:-

Member Benefit: End to End

All CTC members can request a Lands End to John O'Groats information pack for free. The pack includes: three detailed routes, a record sheet, an accommodation list (an updated version will be available soon), merchandise order form and tips and advice. The pack is sold to non members for £12.50. For more information on the CTC End to End pack, contact CTC's touring expert Mark Waters <mailto:m***.w*****[at]***.co.uk> .

« Reply #5 on: 14 June, 2008, 09:45:20 am »
I do have to stop off at Trowbridge

Bad luck :D

David Martin

« Reply #6 on: 14 June, 2008, 03:30:12 pm »
I do have to stop off at Trowbridge

Bad luck :D

My MiL has a house backing onto the K&A at Hilperton.. the nice end of Trowbridge.

..d