Author Topic: (Random) night (random) run to the (random) pubbe (N.Yorks)  (Read 66542 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
(Random) night (random) run to the (random) pubbe (N.Yorks)
« on: 27 April, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »
I hope the other two don't mind, but last week myself, CL and Deano did a little run out to Scorton, drank beer and ate chips.  We then rode back, only for CL to see her train disappearing off into the night, without her on it, and it was the last train of the night.

We thought it might be a good idea to repeat this (well apart from the bit where CL runs into the back of Deano and the bit were CL misses her train), but on Thursday night this week.

Destination as yet undecided, RV is at my house at 6PM, anyone interested?  Chances are the pubbe we visit will sell Copper Dragon.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: Thursday night run to the pubbe (N.Yorks)
« Reply #1 on: 27 April, 2011, 06:09:50 pm »
You could at least pretend I wasn't the only incompetent person there.  Or that I was competent.  Or something.  ::-)

tiermat

« Reply #2 on: 27 April, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »
You could at least pretend I wasn't the only incompetent person there.  Or that I was competent.  Or something.  ::-)

:) :P  I said NOTHING about competence :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

« Reply #3 on: 27 April, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »
Competent at cake, anyway  :D

LindaG

« Reply #4 on: 27 April, 2011, 08:57:13 pm »
I don't finish work till 6pm tomorrow, and have an immediate date with Crusty to celebrate his birthday.  Would love to come another time though.

tiermat

« Reply #5 on: 27 April, 2011, 09:38:18 pm »
Happy burpday Crusty!

Yes deffo another time, although I get the impression that you just like standing me up LG ;)

« Reply #6 on: 27 April, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »
I don't finish work till 6pm tomorrow, and have an immediate date with Crusty to celebrate his birthday.  Would love to come another time though.

Does this mean Crusty can come, then? ;)

We should indeed do it another week. A canny bike ride, and fine beer.

« Reply #7 on: 28 April, 2011, 09:02:57 am »
Sorry - don't finish work until 6:30 this week. Can't manage it unless someone can introduce me to time travel.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #8 on: 29 April, 2011, 12:02:10 am »
Well, that was a cracking night out. I didn't make the early train out of York, due to not escaping work quite early enough, so didn't get to indulge in pre-ride caffeination although tld did insist on getting me a drink of water and gave me a sticker. And I remembered to collect the gloves I left behind last week, and deliver some corrinne Dennis longs to Mrs t for her to try to see if she likes them. Cake and flapjack delivered, lovely wee pootle to maundby to the rather pleasant Buck Inn for a couple of pints of copper dragon and some dinner. I had a very delicious and positively healthy bowl of roasted pepper soup. Then nicked most  of Deano's chips :-) Nice laney route back, I didn't crash into anyone and didn't miss my train home. Success all round!

« Reply #9 on: 29 April, 2011, 12:03:52 am »
A cracking night for a bike ride (50 miles in all), decent pub, decent beer, lovely company. 

tiermat

« Reply #10 on: 29 April, 2011, 08:09:47 am »
 :thumbsup:

Top class, I enjoyed this so much and look forward to the next one :)

Same time next week?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #11 on: 29 April, 2011, 11:11:53 am »
What day?  Mondays are always problematic for me, and most Tuesdays unless I actually get a babysitter - which can be done, it just adds a layer of complexity :)  I could do Wednesdays, although we might need to ride further (thus limiting beer time) to allow for recovery from Wednesday-itis.  Thursday, possibly, although I ought to be elsewhere this week really....  Fridays could sort of work-ish, depending on where and timings and which week it was and where the commute took me that day.

I think there should be more days in the week. 

tiermat

« Reply #12 on: 29 April, 2011, 11:58:21 am »
I am thinking riding further next time, last night was nice, but the bike ride portion was a bit too brief....

I can be flexible about which night.

« Reply #13 on: 02 May, 2011, 03:27:39 pm »
What night are we doing this?  I can do any night except Friday, but I'll need to organise things.

I'm in favour of more cycling and less drinking, but last week was still a 50-mile round trip...

« Reply #14 on: 02 May, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »
Wednesday is the best night for me, now.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #15 on: 02 May, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »
Maybe when I've got a few more miles in my legs I might do it one night - train up to Northallerton and then ride back to York.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #16 on: 02 May, 2011, 05:56:56 pm »
Wednesday is the best night for me, now.

Mebbees for me - depending a bit on where we're off to and train-sensible-ness and stuff.

tiermat

« Reply #17 on: 02 May, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »
Wednesday is fine by me, I think....

Will check with SWMBO when she rises from her bed (currently laid out with a migraine)

CrinklyLion

Do we have a plan at all?

btw, Tiermat, maybe you should change the OP title to 'random night run to the pubbe'!

tiermat

Re: (Random) night (random) run to the (random) pubbe (N.Yorks)
« Reply #19 on: 03 May, 2011, 10:10:12 am »
Done :)

tiermat

« Reply #20 on: 03 May, 2011, 10:11:19 am »
I am thinking next one might be a run to Thirsk, back via Upsall, stop at the Nags in Knayton for refreshments then back NA-wards.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #21 on: 03 May, 2011, 10:27:57 am »
Upsall has a plenty of up, if memory serves.... I shall try to off-load the panniers_of_doom before turning up then :)

« Reply #22 on: 03 May, 2011, 12:34:45 pm »
I'd prefer a more northerly ride this week, if that's ok, so I don't have so far back to Darlo. Picton/Hornby?

tiermat

« Reply #23 on: 03 May, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
Fine by me

CrinklyLion

« Reply #24 on: 03 May, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »
Depending how far north, I could train back from darlo-I'd need to book it, because it's east coast, at 11 something.