Author Topic: Ticket Refunds ?  (Read 6247 times)

Re: Ticket Refunds ?
« Reply #50 on: 25 May, 2020, 07:48:37 am »
I got my Eurostar *package* refunded at first request (I ignored their voucher scheme and emailed them). I think pointing out the none of the booked trains were running and the hotel was closed didn't give them anywhere to go. Took about three weeks to get a reply and they quote up to 21 days for the refund to be paid, which is fine in the circumstances.
I accepted the offer of Eurostar vouchers for our reservations. The voucher is valid for 12 months and the journey can be booked for upto 6 months beyond the end date of the voucher, giving an 18 month window.
As we fully intend to go away in June 21 I thought this was a reasonably pragmatic solution to my specific situation.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Ticket Refunds ?
« Reply #51 on: 03 August, 2022, 12:21:55 pm »
I have just claimed a refund for advanced rail tickets purchased from Greater Angrier. I'm travelling to Nottingham on Monday, and back on Saturday, for a summer school, but the ASLEF people are going to be on strike on the Saturday.

It was a fairly lengthy and convoluted phone call, but it seems that I am going to receive a full refund once I post them to a PO box in Edinburgh (not in East Anglia last time I looked). I had expected hassle of a totally unreasonable type in that they are advance tickets, therefore separate journeys. I expected them to say that my train isn't cancelled on Monday so I just have to suck it up, and they would deduct a £10 fee for the cancellation on Saturday. But apparently not.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.