Author Topic: Recipe Manager applications Mac?  (Read 2320 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Recipe Manager applications Mac?
« on: 23 February, 2019, 11:06:07 am »
Can anyone please recommend an alternative to MacGourmet?

I've been using it (version 2.4.7) for years and generally happy with it. But it isn't compatible with Mojave OS and I'm getting annoyed by Apple's regular prompts to 'upgrade'.

So one would have to purchase the expensive latest version of MacGourmet Deluxe 4 - and there's some negative reviews out there.

Paprika seems to get a good shout, and as far as I can tell, will import .mgourmet files, so I get to keep all my recipes. But there's no trial version and I'm loathed to whack out money on something I might not like the look and feel of.

Not after anything too fancy, just a simple way of getting the recipes, sorting them and storing them. MacGourmet's select and drag ingredients list from web pages direct is particularly nifty though.

And ideally being able to import .mgourmet files, or a way of converting them?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Recipe Manager applications Mac?
« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2019, 11:29:30 am »
I use Paprika, as I can access it on the iPad as well.
It is simpler than it looks.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »
I want to add "and cheese" to this.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 23 February, 2019, 12:42:42 pm »

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2021, 04:30:17 pm »
Update on this. Followed Jaded's suggestion and am very pleased with Paprika (even though they didn't offer a brief trial) on the iMac, iPad and iPhone (all currently up to date OS wise)

It imported all my .mgourmet files without too much bother. And I don't miss MacGourmet at all now.

http://www.paprikaapp.com/

The only personal improvement would be able to stick a 'flag' to multiple recipes in the ALL RECIPES list, rather than have to clog up the PINNED RECIPES under the MAIN MENU. It's all too easy to forget which dishes sound exciting/wanna try, when one seems to add so many new delish potentials on a weekly basis ::-)

Been very happy nevertheless with it's price and very quick to follow Apple OS updates

« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2021, 09:51:36 pm »
I'm still using hand written cards in a card index file.
Can anyone help get me into the digital age by recommending a fairly simple manager for android/microsoft, please?