Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 878600 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3900 on: 12 August, 2020, 12:31:42 pm »
Andrew Bowie, MP for West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine.

From 11 last night:
The whole world tweeting about #KamalaHarris and #JoeBiden2020...except it seems Edinburgh...where apparently it's raining.

Dismissing the people of Edinburgh for tweeting about some very heavy rainstorms - storms which would go on to cause severe flooding in his own constituency and, possibly, cause a landslide and rail derailment - rather than US politics. I don't know where that puts him on the unlucky/twat/supertwat scale, but I was unsurprised to learn that he was a Tory.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3901 on: 12 August, 2020, 12:51:08 pm »
James Cleverly.

Apart from the opposite of nominative determinism, he must have featured here before.

Anyway.
Son of migrant describes people concerned about migrants to be virtue signalling.
At least they have some fecking virtue.

I know all mums love their kids, but James makes it hard for Evelyn.

In a parallel universe there is a professor of quantum physics called Jim Verystupidly.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #3902 on: 12 August, 2020, 12:54:03 pm »
James Cleverly.

Apart from the opposite of nominative determinism, he must have featured here before.

Anyway.
Son of migrant describes people concerned about migrants to be virtue signalling.
At least they have some fecking virtue.

I know all mums love their kids, but James makes it hard for Evelyn.
I don't disagree.  I must however point out this is not a person, this is a company using the plight of humans as an advertising opportunity.  Ben & Jerrys have stopped advertising on antisocial media (laudable IMO).  This has likely had an effect on sales, I doubt they'd be shouting look-at-me look-at-me look-at-me if it were a positive impact.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

ian

« Reply #3903 on: 12 August, 2020, 01:11:00 pm »
Well, B&J are owned by Unilever but they do trade on the brand identity of their original Vermont 'hippy cred' so there's reasonable grounds for cynicism, though I'm not sure the purchasers of ice cream really think too much about it. Haagan Daz is a completely made up brand.

But, tbh, if they're selling a bit more ice cream on the basis of saying something decent, we should probably encourage it and perhaps ponder how we got to a place where our moral leadership comes from corporate ice cream.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3904 on: 12 August, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »
Well, B&J are owned by Unilever but they do trade on the brand identity of their original Vermont 'hippy cred' so there's reasonable grounds for cynicism, though I'm not sure the purchasers of ice cream really think too much about it. Haagan Daz is a completely made up brand.

Unilever could post pictures of their CEO torturing kittens and I would still buy Magnums. That's because Magnums are fucking awesome.

I can't stand Ben & Jerry's though. Every one of their flavours I've tried tastes of generic sickly gloop to me.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3905 on: 12 August, 2020, 10:07:09 pm »
According to Wikinaccurate the literal translation of “Häagen-Dazs” – at least the way they pronounce it – is “the chin toilet”.  Also it's owned by Nestlé, so the CEO actually does play that game involving a washtub full of kittens, a tennis racket and an RAF-surplus Rolls-Royce Avon.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3906 on: 12 August, 2020, 10:22:40 pm »
B&J make Cinnamon Buns ice cream, which I've only ever had once, in Vienna, and been unable to find elsewhere, bah.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #3907 on: 13 August, 2020, 10:08:36 am »
I like cookie dough B&J (the ampersand is important, people) some of the other flavours are a bit meh. There's an ice creamtruck in London that does proper ice cream sandwiched between proper cookies, that's good and further proof, should it be needed (no), that sandwichification improves everything.

I did, a billion years ago, do a tour of the B&J factory in Vermont. I tried all the flavours, admittedly because I was trying to put off the rest of the day, which promised being driven around the state by a by driven wannabe purchaser of Shaker chairs (far less fun than they sound, you can't put a quarter in them and be pleasantly vibrated like those cheap hotel beds that are fun till you realise the sort of other activities on those very sheets that a quarter has enhanced).

The best ice cream I ever had was at a fair in Tenterden, Kent, which was made proper with nothing other than double cream, egg yolk, sugar and chocolate (as was explained by the very earnest young lady). I can't be bothered making my own because I don't eat that much ice cream, but good god, nothing since has come close.

« Reply #3908 on: 13 August, 2020, 02:20:44 pm »
I find that my shower head produces enough water to get me clean and keep my hair washed.

Not everyone does

citoyen

« Reply #3909 on: 13 August, 2020, 03:04:58 pm »
I find that my shower head produces enough water to get me clean and keep my hair washed.

Not everyone does

A flow rate of 9.5l/min sounds to me like it ought to be plenty for washing even the most luxuriant orange nylon rug.

ian

« Reply #3910 on: 13 August, 2020, 03:22:30 pm »
Hold on, you're showering in ice cream?

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #3911 on: 13 August, 2020, 03:42:23 pm »
I don't think B&J do a luxuriant orange nylon rug flavour.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3912 on: 13 August, 2020, 04:55:06 pm »
Have I slipped into an alternative dimension? Or am I just missing some cutler piece of information?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3913 on: 13 August, 2020, 04:57:19 pm »
The best ice cream of all time is from Gelateria Linus in Castel Bolognese, in Emilia-Romagna.
The second est was from Lumb's Dairy (sadly long gone) in Wakefield.
The third best was made by Danny Oates* in Cudworth, near Barnsley.

*Oates was discovered washing his dog (this is not a euphemism) in his mixing tank. Sales declined rapidly and he went bust.

« Reply #3914 on: 13 August, 2020, 04:58:38 pm »
Have I slipped into an alternative dimension? Or am I just missing some cutler piece of information?

Yes, but that was four years ago.

citoyen

« Reply #3915 on: 13 August, 2020, 05:04:55 pm »
Donald Trump has water on the brain.

ian just has ice cream on his brain.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3916 on: 13 August, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »
The best ice cream of all time is from Gelateria Linus in Castel Bolognese, in Emilia-Romagna.
The second est was from Lumb's Dairy (sadly long gone) in Wakefield.
The third best was made by Danny Oates* in Cudworth, near Barnsley.

*Oates was discovered washing his dog (this is not a euphemism) in his mixing tank. Sales declined rapidly and he went bust.

"I'll have a cone of shame with a flake, please."
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3917 on: 13 August, 2020, 07:05:39 pm »
Gavin Williamson. We need to recalibrate the irony meter now.

« Reply #3918 on: 13 August, 2020, 11:52:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/JimBethell/status/1293905136687804417?s=20

The French had the right idea about the aristocracy........
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3919 on: 14 August, 2020, 01:09:41 am »
I don't know what he studied at univeristy (sic) but I hope it wasn’t English.

« Reply #3920 on: 16 August, 2020, 10:29:52 am »
I think this chap deserves a mention ....  ;)      https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1294567906777477120?s=20

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3921 on: 16 August, 2020, 10:49:16 am »
I think this chap deserves a mention ....  ;)      https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1294567906777477120?s=20
i believe it that Micheal Take MP is a fictional character.  :)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3922 on: 16 August, 2020, 10:56:09 am »
It's getting hard to tell....

citoyen

« Reply #3923 on: 16 August, 2020, 11:09:45 am »
It's getting hard to tell....
In this case, the name is a big clue.

« Reply #3924 on: 16 August, 2020, 07:01:05 pm »
Trouble these days is you don't know if a site emanates from an office just outside Moscow.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain