Author Topic: ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey  (Read 7901 times)

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey
« on: 31 July, 2019, 10:59:24 am »
I ordered my PBP Audax UK jersey from ForceGB on 18th June. Their web site says delivery in 4 weeks. Mine has still not arrived so I rang them today.

Asking about the order I was told they were processing all the orders together and would be posted out on Tuesday 13th August first class. My response was that was leaving it too late for me as I depart first thing on Thursday 15th June August (FTFY Mod). If Royal Mail fail to deliver on time, (very possible), I will not get my jersey in time. I then was told well they may be they could bring my order forward a week, (all sounded a bit vague at this point) and to check back then.

Not sure who to raise this with in AUK, but in any event bearing in mind their standard delivery time is 4 weeks and they set a deadline for orders by 5th July this attitude to delivery in time could be cause some issues.

Re: ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey
« Reply #1 on: 31 July, 2019, 11:42:31 am »
Sounds like I’m very unlikely to have mine then. I’m setting off from home on the Wednesday. That is very disappointing.

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2019, 11:46:40 am »
Was going to suggest if everyone who has ordered starts ringing in and complaining that would help speed things up. (maybe) Tel  01924 409290

Also as AUK must have had some involvement they too could put some pressure on them, anybody know who to contact?

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #3 on: 31 July, 2019, 02:38:38 pm »
I will contact ForceGB today.  I was assured when we gave them the job that jerseys would be posted out to arrive in good time for PBP.

I am very sorry to hear that people are having difficulties.

Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 31 July, 2019, 03:35:44 pm »
That does sound like rubbish!

I'm not sure that multiple phone calls would be helpful as staffing might be short over the summer and dealing with the phone might distract from production & despatch of the jerseys.

Threatening to take AUK business elsewhere might be my line...

Redlight

« Reply #5 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:05:40 pm »
I will contact ForceGB today.  I was assured when we gave them the job that jerseys would be posted out to arrive in good time for PBP.

Further to this, ForceGB have now rescheduled production and have assured me that all jerseys will be sent out, by first class mail, on Thursday August 8th.

Thanks to Cyclinggeezer for flagging up the problem and, again, apologies to everyone who has been worrying about getting the jerseys in time.

« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:46:42 pm »
Phew! Good news.

Thanks Redlight!

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #7 on: 06 August, 2019, 11:52:14 am »

Further to this, ForceGB have now rescheduled production and have assured me that all jerseys will be sent out, by first class mail, on Thursday August 8th.

Thanks to Cyclinggeezer for flagging up the problem and, again, apologies to everyone who has been worrying about getting the jerseys in time.

Just rang Force GB for an update.

Message I got was they are being despatched today, tomorrow and the balance on Thursday so looks like the Thursday 8th August deadline is being adhered to.

Thanks again to Redlight for getting the order brought forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: 08 August, 2019, 09:10:10 am »
Mine arrived this morning. Just in time for the pre-pbp holiday in the caravan.
It looks good.

« Reply #9 on: 08 August, 2019, 01:09:34 pm »
Just had an e-mail from ForceGB informing me that my jersey has been posted out to me.

Redlight

« Reply #10 on: 08 August, 2019, 03:10:35 pm »
Photos please!  Not being able to claim one myself (I'm not PBP-ing this year) I'm dying to see how they look in the flesh, so to speak.   And we need action pics for Arrivee too :-).

« Reply #11 on: 08 August, 2019, 10:18:28 pm »
Photos please!  Not being able to claim one myself (I'm not PBP-ing this year) I'm dying to see how they look in the flesh, so to speak.   And we need action pics for Arrivee too :-).

I'll keep the last request in mind.

« Reply #12 on: 09 August, 2019, 08:19:40 am »
Just had an e-mail from ForceGB informing me that my jersey has been posted out to me.
Have other people had emails?

I’ve had nothing.. oh well. Just gotta hope it arrives in time...

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #13 on: 09 August, 2019, 08:33:54 am »
Have other people had emails?

I’ve had nothing.. oh well. Just gotta hope it arrives in time...

I am still waiting but after I saw this about emails, as I my order had not arrived I rang them. I got no email incidentally.

After much flaffing they eventually said: last ones despatched today(Thursday) first class. Should be with you today (Friday or Saturday)

So awaiting the post today to see what turns up

« Reply #14 on: 09 August, 2019, 11:13:39 am »
Mine arrived this morning – the 'your order has shipped' email arrived at about the same time as the jersey...

The size L 'club' jersey fits my distinctly M size frame (40" chest – based on the size guide) OK, though it's a little baggier than I prefer. I guess I'm just not athletic enough...

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #15 on: 09 August, 2019, 01:06:39 pm »
Well finally, its here.

Initial comment would be, why has mine got such a high collar? Should make for an interesting tan line?

The quality of the zip is poor in my humble opinion, the bottom part where you initially bring the two halves of the shirt together is cheap plastic, slight awkward and seems destined to fail. Looking at my other ForceGB shirts this part was metal so thats not as good.

Vent is down the side instead of in the elbow region (may be an improvement)

Overall went for XL as that ForceGB size fitted well before and this one does too.  Otherwise a well made garment.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16 on: 09 August, 2019, 03:01:11 pm »
Email arrived this morning, postie delivered this afternoon.   :thumbsup:

Fit seems OK, agree with comment on bottom of zip - on second try on (to review neck height comment) I struggled to get the zip to fit when putting it together.  Suspect it will be more of a problem with less sleep!  Neck height is about the same as the LEL jersey fwiw
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #17 on: 09 August, 2019, 05:54:07 pm »
Got mine! Phew, one less thing to worry about! Looks good at the mo...

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #18 on: 09 August, 2019, 06:26:23 pm »
Having washed mine and checked it over again the collar is about 12mm wider than my 2013 LEL jersey. Also look at the internal seems. On the LEL shirt they are all flat and do not protrude. However on this shirt they stick out and seem to rub a bit. Not sure I want 90hrs of that.

Would be interested to hear if mine is unique but in any event I am going to get back on to Force GB about the quality of the seems and the extra wide collar

« Reply #19 on: 09 August, 2019, 09:00:15 pm »
The seams on mine don't lie flat, but then nor do they on any of my other jerseys and they've never been an irritant on any ride. That collar would be better with a tie, though.

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #20 on: 09 August, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »
Checked all my other Force GB jerseys. All have better quality zips, flat seams internally and narrower collars. The seams stand so proud internally and I think does not look properly finished.

I think they should have machine sewed the seams flat.

Not wishing to be unduly negative but the previous offerings were better.

When I ring them I will ask them about these points and see if they will offer a replacement but I am not keen to use this for the ride

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #21 on: 09 August, 2019, 10:25:23 pm »
Hm. I was going to treat myself to an AUK jersey at some point but will certainly be holding fire now based on this feedback.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

« Reply #22 on: 10 August, 2019, 03:09:03 pm »
Order placed on 1/7 . Still waiting.

« Reply #23 on: 11 August, 2019, 09:34:25 am »
Mine has arrived and I must say, I'm extremity disappointed. My only other refference for sizing was the Force GB LEL top I have. this is large and a bit too tight so i ordered an XL. it's a bit baggy but not bad in the body but the diameter of the arms is huge, they just hang down and gape. I can't see me riding in it at the moment.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: 11 August, 2019, 10:50:49 am »

This is your reminder that there is a culture of swapping national jerseys with others at PBP, so if your jersey is the wrong size, you may be able to swap it for a correct size one from another nation.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/