Author Topic: [HAMR] Good luck steve  (Read 11478 times)

[HAMR] Good luck steve
« on: 28 December, 2014, 12:26:33 pm »
A thread to wish Steve good luck and all the best.

So I will start,
good luck Steve, if anyone can do this you can  :thumbsup:
See you when you visit portsmouth.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: Good luck steve
« Reply #1 on: 28 December, 2014, 12:38:13 pm »
Ditto.

It's a hell of an undertaking but you're the man to crack it.

Best of British (now there's a phrase I've not heard in a while).

« Reply #2 on: 28 December, 2014, 01:43:49 pm »
Indeed, I hope it goes well. We're cheering you on at Perpetual Towers.

« Reply #3 on: 28 December, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
The Best of British Steve
... And fucking good effort!

« Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »
Very best wishes Steve for this awesome attempt  :thumbsup: And here`s hoping also the winter weather is kind to you---a 100km ride in this cold is daunting enough let alone 200-300km as you`re planning for.
The very best to you and safe journeying thro` the whole year  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #5 on: 28 December, 2014, 06:24:36 pm »
All the best. A

« Reply #6 on: 28 December, 2014, 06:46:43 pm »
As a long standing (but a bit inactive at present) Audax member, your record attempt really is inspiration to get out and do some miles. Not as many as you, but good luck nevertheless and hope to be cheering you through the 'finish line' in just over a years time. :thumbsup:

« Reply #7 on: 28 December, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »
I wish you the very best of luck Steve & I hope to see you cruising along a road somewhere over the next year racking up the miles :thumbsup:
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #8 on: 28 December, 2014, 08:15:22 pm »
I wish you the very best of luck Steve & I hope to see you cruising along a road somewhere over the next year racking up the miles :thumbsup:
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #9 on: 29 December, 2014, 08:32:31 am »
It goes without saying we're all behind you Steve - best of luck.   :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll inspire lots of people to ride more, I for one have decided to set my annual milage target as your July distance - it'll push me, and give me some sense of your amazing challenge!  I'll follow in awe, very best of luck

« Reply #10 on: 29 December, 2014, 08:54:44 am »
Best of luck Steve from currently ice bound god's own county, you will have a warm welcome if you get up here.
I still remember your stock of corny jokes that helped me to survive the night on the Spa Trek 600 in 2002.
I'm sure that although "Uncle Jack" might still be "struggling", he'll be watching over your efforts.

I wish you a safe, healthy and successful 2015.

« Reply #11 on: 29 December, 2014, 11:51:11 am »
Just think of the party you can have at the end of the year  :o

You are the man to do this Steve but good luck and safe riding

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #12 on: 29 December, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »
Best of luck, Steve. Just keep those pedals turning. :thumbsup:

If its as cold as it was on my commute this morning, I hope you've got some good long-sleeved base layers and thermal gloves/ overshoes, etc to keep those extremities toasty. My fingers were turning numb and red after just 12 miles...
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #13 on: 29 December, 2014, 04:15:03 pm »
Enjoy the year, ride when you love it,  stop when you don't, eat like a horse, sleep like a cat, have the luck of the Irish, and make us all proud, just for having a go. !!
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #14 on: 29 December, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »

You can say that again!!!
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

« Reply #15 on: 29 December, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
the very best of luck Steve.  have sent enough pennies for you to feast on around a (bakers) dozen OLYMPIC BREAKFASTS and hope to enjoy some with you although I eat slower than you! (but I don't think I am alone there! )
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 29 December, 2014, 08:40:10 pm »
Be thinking of you, Steve, sometimes with a tinge of jealousy, sometimes with relief that I don't have to ride today....

Hope to see you in 2015, if not on some of my events, then on the road somewhere, no doubt. Good luck and may the wind be always on your back.

« Reply #17 on: 29 December, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »
Best of Luck!

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #18 on: 29 December, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »
Good luck Steve.  I'll be doing well to do 10% of your mileage next year.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #19 on: 29 December, 2014, 10:59:34 pm »
Best of luck Steve, like Postie I hope to ride with you in Hampsheer sometime...

Lars

• n.b. have shaved off beard since photo taken
« Reply #20 on: 30 December, 2014, 09:51:00 am »
Bon voyage Steve! May the rolling and wind resistances be low the next 12 months!

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #21 on: 30 December, 2014, 10:07:27 am »
Good luck Steve.  I'll be doing well to do 10% of your mileage next year.

That'll make a good challenge for me, doing a tenth of Steve's mileage. It'd be a record year for me and will put Steve's challenge into perspective!

Good luck Steve and may the winds of fortune blow you round.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #22 on: 30 December, 2014, 10:21:20 am »
I think I'll aim for 5% of Steve's mileage but I doubt that I will get it!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #23 on: 30 December, 2014, 10:57:38 am »
The Countdown will soon be down to single figures and I am sure I share the hopes and concerns of all your AUK friends in hoping you achieve this ultimate of cycling goals. I have a couple sporting records, cycling and mountaineering, from a time when I had the youth and fitness to achieve; I can assure you Steve, that when I think of the determination and planning I put together to achieve my (seemingly mediocre) records, it gives me continued pride and pleasure to reflect on them. Hopefully, now the planning is nearing completion, you have the ‘pleasure’ zone of the Event. It will test you to your (not yet found) limit. But what a reward!

We know that among the many names of those who are at a Pinnacle of cycling, you are up there and have a background that gives us confidence that you will give the record a worthy challenge. Only time will tell how far you go but NOW is YOUR time. We hope you achieve and will follow you closely. TommyG never had the technology that makes your ride so very visible, nor a Club (Audax) that has such a strong and appropriate following.

Just remember that Cycling will have a constant icon on the road for 24/7/12/365.

There could be prods for Comic Relief (13 Mar) and Sports Relief (Nov) (and other events?) to act as encouragement. Plan routes to ride into the BBC Studio (I am sure the Beeb would fund a meal!!)

Stay Safe and my every good wish for success.

Steve Poulton AUK1369
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

« Reply #24 on: 31 December, 2014, 10:35:32 am »
All the best Steve, catch up with you when your in the Pompey area. Not on a Wednesday ride