Author Topic: "the dark side"...?  (Read 5079 times)

Re: "the dark side"...?
« Reply #25 on: 20 June, 2011, 02:07:09 pm »
I've been looking at yacf for ages, but I'm new to recumbents (see my thread on newbieness).  Can't say I've been in the slightest bit confused about what was being discussed here, and if I was, it cost me a whole click of the mouse to find out (which really wasn't that bad).

As far as promoting recumbent riding goes, I couldn't have asked for more informative and considerate replies to my original questions.

Not sure whether I get your, "Bollocks to that etc." sentence, Mr Wobbly.  Seems to me that being nice to newbies is a good way to promote anything.  Telling people what they should and shouldn't have to do by virtue of their choice of bicycle might do the opposite, no?

« Reply #26 on: 20 June, 2011, 02:11:55 pm »
Quite so, nicely put  :thumbsup:
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #27 on: 20 June, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »
The dark side works well for me, first encountered on URC before I knew I wanted a recumbent.  Thanks Danny Colyer!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #28 on: 23 June, 2011, 01:11:17 pm »
"I don't know that anyone here is especially out to 'promote' recumbents"

With respect, bollocks to that. We (recumbent riders) really are out to promote recumbent riding.

Ouch. Careful who you include in your 'we'.  I think many might say - with respect - bollocks to 'we' - you are just 'you'. 
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #29 on: 23 June, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »
I thought 'the dark side' was a reference to cars or electric motorbikes, so I ignored that forum.

That would be Vrooom  ;)

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #30 on: 23 June, 2011, 08:54:47 pm »
... We (recumbent riders) really are out to promote recumbent riding.

+1 to Tigerr.  I can't remember ever being promoted at to try riding a recumbent bike.  I think the simple act of seeing someone once was enough to spark my curiosity.

Some of us might, facetiously, refer to anything outside the scope of Velovision as belonging to 'the dark side'.  :demon:
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

« Reply #31 on: 23 June, 2011, 09:09:59 pm »
I didn't know bents existed until I bumped into Cycleman on the BHPC forum, I hold him completely to blame for the extensive damage to my bank balance and the large grin on me and Barbaras faces.
    He didn't "promote" just said "come and have a ride if you want" (I wanted something better than an upwrong to ride in the winter, and wow was it better  ;D ;D)
                                                                 ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #32 on: 24 June, 2011, 08:35:56 am »
everyone picks on me , i am used to it  ::-)  ;)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #33 on: 24 June, 2011, 08:50:09 am »

You are an enlarged nostril and ICMFP?   ;D ;D  :P
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #34 on: 24 June, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
and i thought i was a breath of fresh air  ;D

« Reply #35 on: 24 June, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »
Snot fair is it Chris (sorry  ;D

)

« Reply #36 on: 25 June, 2011, 07:26:52 am »
 ::-)

« Reply #37 on: 25 June, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »
a gem indeed  8)