Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1636685 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6225 on: 26 March, 2015, 04:31:29 pm »
I am an idiot!

Walked in very late to a meeting this afternoon - as I managed to read the wrong week of my diary. I now know I don't have a meeting on the 2nd April :facepalm: :-[

At least my collegue was able to cover until I got there so it wasn't a major issue - I just look like a prat.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #6226 on: 26 March, 2015, 06:15:06 pm »
does not lock into place

Which annoyingly is why I always leave my Skeletool at home when I go to Germany. Bah.

(That and while I'm sure Germany's laws on such things are eminently sensible, I don't know what is and isn't legal. I don't fancy finding out the hard way either!)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #6227 on: 26 March, 2015, 07:28:40 pm »
I am an idiot!

Walked in very late to a meeting this afternoon - as I managed to read the wrong week of my diary. I now know I don't have a meeting on the 2nd April :facepalm: :-[

At least my collegue was able to cover until I got there so it wasn't a major issue - I just look like a prat.

I'm a bigger idiot.  I did a couple of hardboiled eggs yesterday morning for my lunch.  Worried all the way into work - I did turn that pan off, didn't I?

Ended up going home again to check, and made myself half an hour late for work.

There was pointing, and laughing  :facepalm:

I hadn't left the hob on, btw.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #6228 on: 26 March, 2015, 09:49:50 pm »
The above makes us all sound gratifyingly human.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6229 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:13:31 am »
It's 0915 and there's no bugger in my kitchen doing stuff yet. Why not?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #6230 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:19:50 am »

Because tradesmen.

They'll turn up at 1015 because they, erm, had to collect something. And they'll still leave about 1555.

« Reply #6231 on: 27 March, 2015, 09:29:26 am »
I am an idiot!

I'm a bigger idiot.  I did a couple of hardboiled eggs yesterday morning for my lunch.  Worried all the way into work - I did turn that pan off, didn't I?

I can't admit to how many times I've been just about to get on the train to work, then decided to ride back to the garage to check I'd not left the other bike outside it. Never had, it was such a routine action I just had no memory of doing it.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6232 on: 27 March, 2015, 10:35:09 am »

Because tradesmen.

They'll turn up at 1015 because they, erm, had to collect something. And they'll still leave about 1555.

Ha, naaa arrived at 1130 to put tools down then pop out for lunch arrive back at one'ish. Pack up and bugger off by 1450, gotta beat that weekend traffic.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6233 on: 27 March, 2015, 11:27:50 am »
I am an idiot!

That sounds like me setting off on a trip in the car. The number of times I've turned round at the end of the street and gone back to check that the heating's off, coffee machine is off, back door is locked, I've packed everything, lights are off, etc. is countless, and I still manage to forget things :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6234 on: 27 March, 2015, 11:36:28 am »

Because tradesmen.

And fail to turn up to do the quote they promised for a potential customer, because they were still on a job.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6235 on: 27 March, 2015, 12:23:00 pm »
Well apparently they're having the day off, cos there was no one here when I got back home after 11. Oh well, the kitties are appreciating having the run of the house.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6236 on: 28 March, 2015, 08:18:55 am »
Perfect cycling day here - clear sky, temperature ~7°C already, light to no wind. Wife's off to Strasbourg for the day to run with our daughter so I'm stuck in the bloody house baby-sitting the Inlaw Paw. Can't even go over to the barn to fettle my bike.  And our club has an event on tomorrow. Forecast: heavy rain and gales.

In the delightful words of Sweetness Octave Glorious-Honeybun Asiim 12th's granny, cock piss bugger bum balls.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #6237 on: 29 March, 2015, 11:56:55 am »
Well apparently they're having the day off, cos there was no one here when I got back home after 11. Oh well, the kitties are appreciating having the run of the house.

Yes they do that too. The random day off.

I had to put my tongue on hold a few times when the subject of being in the third month of our six week refurbishment, because you know, if you did an actual full day that didn't involve turning up at random o'clock and always religiously leaving before 4pm, making tea every fifteen minutes, having an hour lunch regardless, and taking odd days off, then perhaps it would have been six weeks.

Ah, good god, this is all going to kick off again after Easter when they finally start work outside. New fence and outside painting. Don't think I can face getting the driveway done, just getting a quote is a nightmare.

« Reply #6238 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:32:11 am »
Got to bed 11.30. Woke up at3.10 this morning :(.woke up yesterday at 6.30 .feeling tired and washed out .
the slower you go the more you see

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #6239 on: 30 March, 2015, 07:54:31 am »
Cricked my neck getting out of bed this morning and can't turn my head to the right. Anti-inflammatories are contraindicated on sertraline and I daren't mix it with cocodamol, so I'm hoping plain paracetamol will help.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6240 on: 30 March, 2015, 11:11:45 am »
Cricked my neck getting out of bed this morning and can't turn my head to the right. Anti-inflammatories are contraindicated on sertraline and I daren't mix it with cocodamol, so I'm hoping plain paracetamol will help.

Coincidence: I did mine while drying my hair yesterday morning.  Reckoned that riding would get rid of it: it didn't, but when I woke up this morning it had gone.

Cricked neck = twisted like a strand of DNA?

Where's me coat?

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6241 on: 30 March, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »
Cleared up my desk and it's still a godawful mess. Still, I did rediscover my PBP 2007 medals and my 2012 Strasbourg-Perpignan brevet card.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #6242 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:20:52 pm »
Me BlackBerry has stopped getting emails for no apparent reason whatsoever.  What a piece of shit.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6243 on: 31 March, 2015, 12:58:29 pm »
Oi, co-shirker. Turn the frikkin' keyboard noises on your phone off when you're in the office  :demon:

essexian

« Reply #6244 on: 31 March, 2015, 05:45:21 pm »
I've got a weeks holiday this week....my first since November. So, lot of cycling planned.....

Well yes but had a visit from the PF yesterday and discovered I didn't have a pump with me (of course there were no cyclists around to borrow one from!) resulting in a long walk back and today I wake up with a really sore throat and a general feeling of being unwell. Couldn't even find the energy to walk to the end of the drive this morning.

Its not right being ill when its your time.  :-[

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6245 on: 31 March, 2015, 08:46:21 pm »
Oi, co-shirker. Turn the frikkin' keyboard noises on your phone off. :demon:

FTFY
Nobody should use keypad tones in public!

« Reply #6246 on: 01 April, 2015, 09:54:48 am »
I am an idiot!

Yesterday I had some time with MsC, decided the day before to tell work I wasn't coming in for the morning (since I had a hospital appointment in the afternoon).
It got to 3pm and I checked the appointment letter before I realised that:
A) it was the 31st of march
B) my appointment was on the 1st of April
C) I was supposed to be at work all day.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #6247 on: 01 April, 2015, 10:26:09 pm »
Our DSL is currently down. 

Housemate (who has been here for aaages, who has C++ proficiency as an item on her CV and who, unlike me, is standing in the same room as the router): "Pharti, is the internet back up yet?"
"I dunno, check the router."
"Oh.  Err, yes I think it's back up"
"Well, is the 'internet' light on or off?"
[checks again] "No, it's off"
"Well the internet's still down then."
"Oh, I was looking at the 'Wireless' light"

Engage brain, please?  ::-)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6248 on: 02 April, 2015, 12:02:24 am »
On my router, to tell which light is which you either have to press your nose against the damn thing or RTFM...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6249 on: 02 April, 2015, 10:42:37 am »
This one maybe needs a poetic justice thread.

Bloke who owns one of the meadows our kitchen window overlooks prevailed upon his neighbour to cut the branches of what was a perfect tree because they overhung his land. The tree is now sadly lopsided.

Bloke put in an ugly polytunnel in erstwhile shadow of tree, further bollocking up our view.

Polytunnel taken out by Monday's gales.