Author Topic: Suggestions for an index card/reminder app  (Read 830 times)

Suggestions for an index card/reminder app
« on: 07 March, 2022, 10:13:15 pm »
SiL Ham has a scaffolding company, and is not the most organised or technically literate of folks. He is looking (possibly at Miss Ham's prodding, I couldn't possibly say) at becoming more switched on. He asked me for help "coming into the new century" I've already told him, avoid 2019, 2020 and 2021 like the plague. Well, just like the plague.

Anyhow, while I could put stuff together I was wondering if there was an app (phone use essential) that would have base functionality of index card, possibly job sheet, definitely reminder and icing on the cake, geo mapping. The easier it is to use, the better.

Such a thing might exist, it would be a bit of a mash up though. Anyone know of anything?

rr

Re: Suggestions for an index card/reminder app
« Reply #1 on: 07 March, 2022, 11:05:34 pm »
What do you want the app to do?
Evernote? Onenote?
Electronic version of SG20?

« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2022, 07:19:58 am »
I've been using - and paying for - Remember The Milk for more years than I can remember (!)
It's sufficiently old school to be simple and effective, but retains a lot of functionality.
At the time I started using it, it was the only service that allowed for a  "repeat after n days" if the job wasn't completed exactly on schedule.
It's one of the very few services that I open my wallet for.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2022, 07:38:48 am »
Hmmm - I actually have a paid for RTM version, although I don't use it these days, it's a thought.

What it needs to do is:
Names, address, quote £
Rental renewal date
Mapped location to visualise would be a major bonus.

« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2022, 07:59:59 am »
Actually, RTM seems to have advanced.....a LOT ..... since I ante'd up a couple of ££ for the app a lorra lorra years ago, it might well be the answer, thanks