Author Topic: Bikepacking Bags - what's your favourite/hated and why?  (Read 1435 times)

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
Re: Bikepacking Bags - what's your favourite/hated and why?
« Reply #25 on: 01 May, 2024, 11:53:02 am »
For many years I have used a toe strap to apply one brake when the bike is on a train (wheels on floor, so many commuter/short distance trains). It gives a massive reassurance that you can go and sit down knowing it won't be careering all over the place. The tandem neatly avoids this by having a "parking brake" is a third brake controlled by a bar end gear shifter.

« Reply #26 on: 01 May, 2024, 12:44:06 pm »
I sometimes take a hooked bungy cord with me to keep the bike in place on trains

« Reply #27 on: 01 May, 2024, 04:42:37 pm »
If by Rixen and Kaul bracket you mean the bar-bag bracket, as used by almost every conventional bar bag nowadays, then I agree. It's an abomination, placing the weight way too far off the front, with adverse effects on both handling and bounceability.

Yes, that’s the one. A flat plate held onto the bag by four rivets. The handlebar fitting involves screws into plastic.
I do tend to use my bar bag as my “keep it with me” bag, if I’m wandering off to look at things or go into shops, sit on trains etc.