General Category > Freewheeling

VeloViewer Explorer Score and Max Square

<< < (3/427) > >>

telstarbox:
It can lead to some silly scenic route diversions to clip the corner of new squares :)

I've just noticed the Holkham Parkrun course picks up three squares (roughly 1.5km across each) which isn't bad for a 5km loop.

D.A.L.E.:
It was Dean what got me into it (and seeing fboab and Chris S post about it too).

I'm digging it, but only on 9x9! I can get 10x10 by going down a dead end or I can get something daft like 14x14 rather easily if I could get security clearance to get into the port. You can see my attempt to bag the square yesterday, but was stymied by a rather large man and an even larger fence.

D.A.L.E.:
Just spotted this -

5270 tiles, average of 4.753 km per tile
Max square 9x9
Max Cluster: 247

Si S:
I discovered it from the other place.

3367 tiles, average of 11.874 km per tile
Max square 22x22
Max Cluster: 753

3 neighbouring tiles required to get to 24x24 but I'm struggling for mo-jo to ride in that direction, I'll pick them up at some point, in the meantime I'm enjoying discovering lots of tracks, with the side effect of regaining confidence in my off-road skills after last years MTB disasters.

fboab:

--- Quote from: D.A.L.E. on 13 June, 2018, 04:17:33 pm --- I can get something daft like 14x14 rather easily if I could get security clearance to get into the port. You can see my attempt to bag the square yesterday, but was stymied by a rather large man and an even larger fence.

--- End quote ---
You need to join Whitburn Coastal Rowers :D

16551 tiles, average of 3.027 km per tile
Max square 14x14
Max Cluster: 373

My max cluster is in East Angular, where I only Strava'd audaii, meaning the masses of little rides don't show. I haven't even got some squares from my commute down there :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version